Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw or Remote
The Grant Writer role provides support to the Key Relationship Management Program within Partnership Ministries to develop well researched, creative and effective messaging in the proposal process for grant and foundation funding. The grant writer will provide clarity and guidance throughout the cycle working in partnership with the Director of Partnership Ministries; to greatly increase the effectiveness of the proposal messaging and follow-up, and thus JAARS’ prospects of grant proposal selection.
- Collaborate with the Partnership Ministries Director to research, identify, study and analyze grant requirements to engage with JAARS grant needs; maximize JAARS prospects of acquiring the grant
- Take initiative to research prospective grant and foundation opportunities
- Act as the authoritative resource in the division’s grant writing strategy, policies, procedures approaches, programs, upgrading, etc.
- Prepare, write and submit completed grant applications with required supportive documentation and paperwork to maximize opportunities for financial grant support for JAARS programs
- Prioritize grant funding requests and contact internal or external grant sponsors to gain insights and content that lead to compelling proposals for grant donations or funding
- Follow up with additional information from grant detail, as requested by the grant proposal sponsor
- Basic computer skills in Google Workplace
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- A sincere dependence on the Lord to enable and guide the grant process knowing that one does their best but the end result is the Lord’s.
- Degree in Journalism, Professional Writing, Business Writing, related discipline or equivalent preferred; experience with non-profits preferred
- Experience, ability and knowledge to perform the duties listed within the job description, utilizing the principles and practices of corporate and private grant research, applications, administration and conditions; knowledge of formal proposal procedures and language
- Learn and be able to work effectively using the Salesforce ERP
- Excellent organizational, editorial and writing skills with keen attention to detail
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who is committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their native language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 16, 2021
- Grant Writing / Research
- People 55+