Member of the Board of Directors
Job Description and ExpectationsPurpose of Board of Directors: To advise, govern, oversee policy and direction, and assist with the leadership and general promotion of Good Life Refuge so as to support the organization’s mission and needs.
Mission statement: The Good Life Refuge was founded to provide a safe haven for abused and at-risk farm animals.
- Ethical Treatment - We believe in the ethical treatment of all sentient beings.
- Stewardship - We practice careful and responsible management of the organization and the animals entrusted to our care.
- Education - We believe in the benefits of a plant-centric lifestyle for humans and animals.
- Relationships - We believe in strengthening and nurturing the bonds between humans and animals.
Major responsibilities of Board Members:
- Lead and advise strategically;
- Oversee the organization of the board of directors, officers, and committees;
- Ensure healthy governance;
- Assure financial stability, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget;
- Supervise and support the executive and organization directors;
- Monitor and evaluate program outcomes, impact and performance;
- Enhance and promote the organization’s public image; and
- Raise funds for the organization
Length of term: Three years. Terms may be renewed pending approval of the board.Meetings and time commitment:
- The board meets: June, July, August, October, January, March, April.
- The entire board organizations leadership meets annually for a planning retreat each June.
- Committees of the board meet at various intervals based on their own needs.
- Board members are asked to attend as many events as possible as well as all fundraising events.
Expectations of board members:
- Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis and special events.
- Participate on a standing committee of the board, and serve on ad-hoc committees as necessary.
- Help communicate and promote Good Life Refuge’s mission and programs to the community by actively recruiting volunteers, donors, and board members.
- Become familiar with Good Life Refuge’s finances, budget, and financial/resource needs.
- Understand the policies and procedures of Good Life Refuge.
- Make an annual gift significant within personal budget. It is required that Board participation be 100%. Suggested amounts are a $500 cash gift or $1000 gift-in-kind. Board gifts should be pledged, along with planned payment schedule, at the beginning of each board member’s term.
- Identify and approach potential donors and make asks for money and gifts-in-kind.
- Participate in annual assessment.
- Attend events and be available to assist as a volunteer when able.
About GOOD LIFE REFUGE
13759 N 95TH ST, LONGMONT, CO 80504, US
The Good Life Refuge believes that animals deserve to be seen as sentient beings. They deserve respect, love and the best treatment and care possible. Our mission is to provide refuge for abused, neglected and at-risk animals, especially farm animals.
Our goals are to provide excellence in care, species appropriate nutrition and housing, and a loving and nurturing environment with mental stimulation and enrichment. Animals that are considered non-adoptable will take residency at the sanctuary and for adoptable animals we will find excellent homes. We are also dedicated to inspire others to a more balanced and compassionate lifestyle by outreach and advocacy.
13759 N 95thLongmont, CO 80504
August 11, 2021
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Legal (General)
- Resource Development / Management
- 10-15 hours a week