Food Pantry Coordinator
The Food Pantry coordinator helps oversee the monthly operations of the food box program, including but not limited to, purchasing and restocking of food pantry items, organizing, scheduling, and receiving pick-ups and deliveries, overseeing cost and quality control, running monthly statistics and reports as required, collaborating with team of food pantry volunteers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Orders products for the food pantry
- Schedules, receives, and maintains inventory of food pantry products
- Budgets and reports on cost, inventory, and donations
- Works collaboratively with the Food Pantry team which includes the Hunger Relief & Emergency Assistance Department and the Volunteer Engagement coordinator
- Works collaboratively with other agency departments, support, and administrative staff to meet the volunteer and program service needs.
- Acts as liaison for Food pantry volunteers, supervising and supporting volunteer shifts in the food pantry
- Develops and manages relationships in the area of food sourcing and the food pantry program
- Other duties as assigned
- Coordinate pick up and delivery of food boxes to local veterans.
- Computer skills, particularly MS Word, Excel, and Google Drive
- Ability to lift and move 30+ pounds routinely
- Must be adept at communicating successfully both in verbal and written form
- Must be able to work collaboratively with a team
- Experience working with and relating to volunteers of all ages, is a plus
About VETERNATION INC
PO BOX 5264, SANFORD, NC 27331, US
TO EMPOWER COMMUNITY VETERANS THROUGH ADVOCACY, OUTREACH, AND EDUCATION.
VETERNATION IS A PROUD VETERAN OPERATED NON- PROFIT ORGANIZATION LOCATED IN SANFORD, NORTH CAROLINA. OUR MISSION IS TO EMPOWER COMMUNITY VETERANS THROUGH ADVOCACY, OUTREACH, AND EDUCATION. WE ASSIST COMMUNITY VETERANS WITH EMPLOYMENT, RESUME WRITING, INTERVIEW PREPARATION COURSES, FINANCIAL LITERACY, AND VA EDUCATION AND COMPENSATION CLAIMS. AS COMMUNITY CARE COORDINATORS WE ARE ABLE TO PROVIDE REFERRALS, CASE MANAGEMENT, AND SERVICE COORDINATION.
223 Wicker Streetsuit BSanford, NC 27330
August 15, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Program Management
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- 4 hours/ 3 days a week