16 people are interested
Social Media Content Strategist
16 people are interested
If you’re a creative marketer who is passionate about helping underserved children gain access to education, keep reading! Oppia is looking for new members for our Awareness and Growth team who can work with us to craft our social media marketing strategy and content calendar, so that we can spread awareness of the free lessons that we offer, especially in places around the world where students typically lack access to educational opportunities.
Preferred but not required: If you're from or understand the social media market of MENA region/ Brasil and South Americas region/ India region/ South African region
Who We Are
The Oppia Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit with the mission to provide high-quality education to all. We do this through the creation and maintenance of our platform, Oppia, the coordination of our passionate contributors, and the development of critical partnerships with NGOs in the communities we aim to serve.
Where You Fit In
Millions of children are not receiving the education they deserve. Of the 61 million children worldwide who cannot attend primary school, 17 million will never step foot into a school if trends continue. With the presence of COVID-19 today, millions more children are also seeing interruptions in their daily lives, stability, and education - making it even more difficult than before for many students to get the education they need to succeed.
It is an exciting time for Oppia - as we've just released our first comprehensive, basic mathematics curriculum, and studies and small pilots have shown that the free lessons are working well for students! However, one obstacle is ensuring that students and their parents are aware that these lessons exist so that they can use them.
We are therefore looking for global and regional social media strategists to oversee the creation and execution of our content calendar. As a strategist, you'll have the chance to work with our copywriters, designers, and other strategists to implement creative and engaging strategies that help support our marketing goals. We plan to start with a more experimentation-focused approach so that we can better understand how to reach these audiences, after which we will solidify a marketing strategy and focus on an increasing reach with messages that resonate with this audience. We welcome those who are willing to learn and grow through this opportunity, although we are looking for someone with at least some previous experience in similar or related fields!
Why Oppia is an Organization You Want to Work With
- Oppia has served over 1,100,000 users.
- Oppia focuses on effectiveness. Our continuous improvement process involves rigorous user testing and RCTs to ensure we create high-quality educational materials catered to the needs of our most underserved global learners.
- Oppia consists of passionate volunteers from across the globe, so our meetings are held online at flexible times.
What Our Social Media Strategists Contribute
- Organize content strategy for Oppia’s Facebook and newly launched Instagram pages, with experience creating engaging content and growing a follower base.
- Plan the execution of content by coordinating a team of copywriters, designers, videographers, and analysts, and pitching in where needed.
- Work with other team members to grow social media presence in target countries and demographics, starting with locations that we're currently partnering with NGOs in (Ghana, India, and Palestine).
- Update and refine the social media content strategy based on an analytical approach to growth.
About OPPIA FOUNDATION INC
221 N RENGSTORFF AVE APT 5, MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA 94043, US
Oppia’s mission is to help anyone, anywhere learn anything they want to in an effective and enjoyable way.
The Oppia team works to create effective, enjoyable online lessons at scale that can reach millions of people. We want every individual, no matter what their personal circumstances, to have access to learning experiences that are not only pedagogically effective, but also fun and engaging.
Oppia’s unique technology simulates an interactive tutor, adapting each lesson to individual learners’ needs and providing specific, targeted feedback to help them improve. Furthermore, the lessons are openly licensed and the platform open source, which enables a diverse group of educators and technologists from around the world to regularly iterate on and improve them.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 12, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Social Media / Blogging
- Ongoing, a few hours a week.