We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Please find other opportunities.Find Opportunities
1 person is interested
Chapter Support Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: SCORE Northeast New Jersey
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
USE YOUR SKILLS TO HELP A LOCAL NONPROFIT SUPPORT SMALL BUSINESS ENTREPRENEURS
SCORE Northeast NJ Chapter
Every SCORE chapter depends on the talent and time of its volunteers to help entrepreneurs achieve their dreams of small business ownership.
The SCORE Northeast NJ Chapter works primarily with small business entrepreneurs in Bergen and Passaic counties. We're currently looking for support volunteers with marketing and social media skills to support these areas:
* Develop and post customer success posts to chapter media sites
* Develop and post mentor spotlight profiles to chapter media sites
* Edit recorded workshop presentations and post to our YouTube channel
* Monitor our social media channels and like, comment or share
* Enhance workshop presentation with graphics
* Support workshop presentations (introduce presenters, moderate polls, Q&A)
Customer and Volunteer Acquisition
* Create campaigns/collateral
* Post workshops on our key partner websites
* Add prospect and partner names to our contact database
Other Marketing Areas
* Create brochures, flyers and other content that support our client and volunteer outreach efforts
As a volunteer, you will help our marketing and outreach committee chairs execute our plans to support local small business entrepreneurs.
Expected volunteer commitment:
* You agree to commit to at least one year of volunteering
* Time commitment is anywhere from a few hours a week to as much as the volunteer can give
General experience desired:
* Excellent written and communication skills
* Prior volunteer/intern experience
Specific Experience/Skills/Tools desired:
* Social Media Tools (e.g. HootsSuite, Buffer, etc.; we use Constant Contact)
* General Office Suite (e.g. presentations, worksheets, documents, etc.; we use Google)
* Virtual Conference Platforms (e.g. Google Meet, Zoom, etc.; we use Zoom)
* Graphic Tools (e.g. Canva, etc.)
Learn more at www. score.org/volunteer. Send your resume to: email@example.com
SCORE is a nonprofit resource partner of the U.S. Small Business Administration that helps aspiring and existing entrepreneurs succeed. Volunteering is a way for you to give back, network with business experts, and share your knowledge. Join SCORE today to make a meaningful difference in your local community.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About SCORE Northeast New Jersey
One Bergen Plaza, Room 5B, Hackensack, NJ 07601, US
SCORE, "Counselors to America's Small Business" - a nonprofit association - is dedicated to educating entrepreneurs and the formation, growth and success of small business nationwide. We are America's premier source of free and confidential business development counsel.
SCORE Northeast New Jersey is actively recruiting volunteers to join our organization to mentor and assist the local small business community.
Founded in 1964 as "Counselors to America’s Small Business", SCORE is a National organization that has created over 10 million jobs nationwide, an ideal platform for business people and entrepreneurs looking for ways to give back to their community.
We are seeking volunteers with entrepreneurial skills in Sales, Marketing, IT, Finance or Business Administration whether with large or small companies, for-profit or non-profit operations.
Our mentoring services are offered to clients in Bergen and Passaic Counties through face-to-face counseling or via email. Our seminar programs offer a platform for continuous learning in a wide range of topics important for a small business to compete successfully including sales and marketing fundamentals, social media, finance and operations
If you are retired or looking to retire: join our team of 50 active counselors and make a difference in New Jersey.
If you are working or looking for work: willing to give volunteer time for the betterment of our business communities join our seminar team, our admin teams or contribute remotely as your schedule permits.
All SCORE members adhere to a strict code of conduct, all are trained and certified as mentors.
One Bergen PlazaHackensack, NJ 07601
August 7, 2022
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Administrative Support
- Social Media / Blogging
- Must be at least 18
- A few hours per week up to as much as the volunteer can give
- Complete your volunteer application at www.score.org/volunteer-registration