1 person is interested
*Help Needed at Blood Drives Near You!*
1 person is interested
* Greet donors, explain the donation process as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs through the blood donation process
* Manage donor flow at temp taking station to ensure only donors passing temp screen are permitted access.
* Explain purpose of temperature screen to donors and ensure they understand reason for deferral if applicable.
* Direct donor to next step of donation or options for future donations if deferred.
* Model excellent customer service behaviors.
* Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately while creating a favorable impression of the blood donation process.
* Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values
* Provide customer service to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for his/her contribution. Report possible adverse post-donation physical reactions to the collections staff.
* Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas, and Donor Areas/Beds as requested
* Work with collections team supervisor or charge staff to match donor’s blood type with the best product for maximum impact
* Responsible to inform donors of current and upcoming donation promotions
* May make reminder/cancellation calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed
If interested please visit www.redcross.org of contact Sasha.WelchMoore@redross.org for more info.
About American Red Cross - Illinois Region
311 W John H Gwynn Jr Ave, Peoria, IL 61605, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Watseka, IL 60970
September 15, 2021
- Disaster Response
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 1 shift per month each shift approx. 5-6 hours