5 people are interested
Online Tutor - High School Equivalency Diploma
5 people are interested
Online HSED Tutors
Volunteer HSED Tutors will virtually assist adult students working toward the completion of their High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED). Classes exist entirely online and subjects range from English, math, science, reading, and writing. Volunteers will provide support for students to improve learning skills and reach their educational goals.
Estimated Time Commitment:
Volunteers are expected to commit to coaching students for either Language Arts or Math/Science (or if your schedule allows, both!) during the Summer 2021 semester, beginning June 7th - August 26th.
- Math/Science: Mondays & Wednesdays, 12-1pm
- Language Arts: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12-1pm
- Limited evening support needed on any of the following: Monday - Thursday
*Tutoring can also take place outside of these hours if student and tutor availability allows.
- High school diploma and some college
- Must be patient, compassionate, supportive, and enthusiastic
- Should be able to follow directions to ensure instruction is delivered with consistency and fidelity
- Should have a desire to teach basic education skills, as well as post-secondary skills
- Should be willing to receive ongoing training to keep pace with their students
- Should be independent and resourceful
- Must have valid email address, regular email access, and be technologically savvy
- Bilingual in Spanish is beneficial, but not required
- Be reliable and inform Program Staff ahead of any absences
- Motivate students with positive reinforcement, patience, and enthusiasm
- Refer to training materials to hone skills and find information
- Ask questions whenever they arise; Program Director is available to assist you
- Adhere to the procedures and methods described in your training and refrain from incorporating different materials into lessons
- Report specific concerns or issues to the Program Staff and assist in resolving any problems
To begin the tutoring please email firstname.lastname@example.org
About Literacy Services of Wisconsin
555 N. Plankinton Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53203, US
Literacy Services of Wisconsin partners with motivated adults to provide access to quality basic education and skills training so they can improve their lives, enrich their families, and strengthen our community.
Literacy Services of Wisconsin is the longest volunteer-driven provider of adult literacy and basic education in the Milwaukee area. We are driven by our core belief in the power of education at any age to positively change lives.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 2, 2021
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Adult Education
- Reading / Writing
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18