2 people are interested
Program Director - Parent Information and Resource Center
ORGANIZATION: AWOFINC - A Work of Faith Ministries, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
The Program Director is responsible for researching, planning, developing and implementing the organization’s Parent Information and Resource Center's programs.
- Train and be a motivating mentor to staff. - Lead large group discussions to answer questions and remedy complaints.
- Create and nurture effective communication within the organization. - Build a strong team through open communication and by collaborating on decision-making responsibilities. - Initiate and set goals for programs based on the organization's strategic objectives. - Plan programs from start to finish, including identifying processes, deadlines and milestones. - Develop and approve operations and budgets. - Maintain excellent record-keeping in the form of participant files, reports, documented coursework, student attendance, etc. - Devise and implement parenting & family support initiatives and programs - plan agenda for parent cafes - recruit and train parent leaders - schedule parent leadership training schedules - network with various communities to develop family safety net strategies - engage local faith-based institutions and schools as community partners - other duties as defined by Executive Director, Director of Operations or Chairman of the Board.
Program Director has a variety of skills and qualifications that allow them to manage their responsibilities effectively, which can include:
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strategic mindset
- Ability to multitask
- Problem-solving skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated interest, familiarity or direct work experience with the residents of the community.
- Able to communicate with a culturally diverse group.
- Excellent, verifiable work and/or scholastic history with related references.
- Must pass Child Abuse and Neglect Tracking System inquiry.
Bachelor’s Degree or extensive training or workplace experience related to parent and/or family-oriented programs and services.
About AWOFINC - A Work of Faith Ministries, Inc.
Human Resources Development & Training, Chicago, IL 60649, US
The mission of AWOFINC is to significantly reduce illiteracy, unemployment, youth gang activity, drug and alcohol abuse, violence and homelessness by developing happy purposeful people committed to giving something back to the community.
AWOFINC is a community initiative that is designed to meet the needs of families who do not have the resources that are to attain the supplemental educational services that are needed to enhance the possibility of success for their children. For over two decades AWOFINC has addressed the critical educational, financial, and social needs of the families in Illinois.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 31, 2023
- Family Therapy
- Crisis Intervention
- Group Facilitation
- Case Work / Management
- Resource Development / Management
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 30
- Orientation or Training
- 7-10 hours per week
- Experience/training from Strengthening Families, Be Strong Families, Parent Leadership Action Network or related parent information and resource programs