Hospice Volunteer Orientation and Training
ORGANIZATION: Regency SouthernCare Hospice Services
Please visit the new page to apply.
From providing companionship at a patient's bedside, to running errands, and from assisting with administrative duties to creating gifts for patients and their families, our volunteer coordinator will help you discover the best fit for you.
- Provide companionship and socialization
- Listen to a story or share your own
- Read aloud, sing, play music or instruments
- Brighten days with a phone call, send a thoughtful card
- Enjoy small crafts together, photo organizing, scrapbooking
- Run light errands or perform light housekeeping
- Share flowers, garden, bake, or meal preparation
More opportunities with Regency SouthernCare Hospice Services
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Regency SouthernCare Hospice Services
825 Baxter Street, Athens, GA 30605, US
Our care matters. Our mission is to honor life and offer compassion to individuals and their families when facing a life-limiting illness.
If you are searching for a way to make a difference in the lives of others, you belong here. Hospice volunteers are a valuable part of our care team. Based on your interests and preferences, receive specific volunteer training to help improve the quality of life for others. Our agencies offer veteran-to-veteran opportunities and participate in the national We Honor Veterans programs. We support our volunteers and appreciate the important role they play in hospice care. Volunteering takes no advanced medical training or great commitment. All volunteers are given assignments that best suit their time, skills, and interests because YOU BELONG HERE.
Multiple locations Elberton, GA 30635
April 27, 2022
- Hospice Care
- Relationship Building
- Reading / Writing
- Music Therapy
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Commitment to completing orientation and annual education thereafter. COVID-19 precautionary education and training. No specific time commitment for volunteering.
- Drug screening, fingerprinting, two TB skin tests, driver's license, proof of valid automobile insurance, and general application.