1 person is interested
Front Desk Receptionist
1 person is interested
Put your energy and passion to use and become part of a local nonprofit organization! Under the direction of the Office Coordinator and the Chief Development & Marketing Officer, the Front Desk Receptionist is responsible for covering the front desk when the Office Coordinator is away from the desk completing tasks or out of the office on vacation.
Waypoint serves over 7,500 individuals every year through four programs: Domestic Violence Victim Services, Housing & Homeless Services, Survivors’ Program, and KidsPoint Child Care. The Front Desk Receptionist is the first point-of-contact for anyone entering our building or calling for information. It is critical that everyone be greeted with a smile and kind words to ensure they feel safe and understood.
Needs to be able to commit to a weekly schedule, but the number of days and hours each week can be flexible. Available hours will be from 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
PRINICIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer phone calls and direct to the proper person or department
- Greet clients, volunteers, community members, etc. as the enter the building
- Support with record keeping and reports
- Support with data base clean-up by checking daily obituaries
- Prepare mailings to be sent out to the community
- Assist staff with needs in the copy room
- Coordinate meeting room and Waypoint vehicle reservations
- Assist with donation drop-offs from community members
- Assist with other special projects as needed
- An understanding of the dynamics of homelessness, violence, and other factors and how they impact poverty and oppression or willing to learn more about these issues
- A sensitivity to working with families of diverse racial, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrates compassion and kindness for all who walk through Waypoint’s doors
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN:
- Exposure to a wide variety of community members from various backgrounds
- Interaction with Waypoint staff, providing insight into their roles and the programs they support
About Waypoint Services
318 5th Street SE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52401, US
To strengthen and empower individuals who are homeless, living in poverty, or victims of domestic violence; and give children access to gaining the essential skills vital to reaching their full potential through quality child care.
Aiding individuals experiencing crisis due to homelessness, poverty, or domestic violence, Waypoint serves as a vital community resource. Throughout its 121-year history, Waypoint has dedicated itself to providing human services that meet the ever-evolving needs of area women, children, and families.
318 5th Street SECedar Rapids, IA 52401
September 16, 2021
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- The number of days/hours each week is flexible, but we are looking for a weekly commitment. Hours are available between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday.