25 people are interested
Farmers Market Volunteer
25 people are interested
Victory Programs' ReVision Urban Farm is an innovative community-based urban agriculture project that grows produce in its own fields and provides access to affordable, nutritious, and culturally appropriate food. Become a part of this growing movement and volunteer with us at the Roslindale Farmers Market!
This volunteer shift will consist of lifting pounds of vegetables and interacting with customers at the farmer’s market. The farmer’s market would happen on Tuesdays starting on July 13th and run until October 12th. Ideally, we’d prefer someone who could come to the farmer’s market on a weekly or biweekly basis. The work would start with unloading the van at the market and interacting with customers. The day would end with loading the van back up before it heads back to the farm.
Volunteers must be able to pass a background check and be 18 years or older.
10:00 AM to 02:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Victory Program's ReVision Urban Farm
38 Fabyan St., Dorchester, MA 02124, US
Located in the heart of the Dorchester neighborhood of Boston, the mission of the ReVision Urban Farm is to provide fresh, affordable, locally grown produce to families in the city with limited incomes and transportation access, as well as neighbors living in the area. The unique connection between Victory's Revision Urban Farm and the ReVision Family Home has created a dynamic and innovative approach to ending homelessness.
Through the ReVision Urban Farm, Victory Programs' goal is to make a significant impact on the surrounding community by helping to close the gap on health disparities. The Urban Farm and our Farm Stand makes healthy, affordable food options readily accessible to this community as well as others through our CSA programs. Through the City of Boston's Bounty Bucks program our produce is also made available at very affordable prices.
During the growing season, the Urban Farm distributes enough food to provide more than 1,200 people with their recommended five servings of fresh vegetables and fruit daily. Last season, the farm grew 7,500 lbs. of produce, donated 3,600 lbs. to local shelters, and collaborated with other farmers to sell more than 10 tons of produce to hundreds of urban customers.
- Victory Programs' ReVision Urban Farm relies on the support and commitment of volunteers to help feed the families residing at ReVision Family Home and to aid in nutritious eating for residents in Dorchester. The majority of volunteers work on our farm, but opportunities can be created to fit your desires and strengths. Nutritional counseling and workshops, fundraising, and carpentry are just a few of the volunteer opportunities that can be found at Victory Programs' ReVision Family Home/ReVision Urban Farm.
- Ongoing Volunteer opportunities are available during the spring, summer, and fall months at the Urban Farm. Join us and be a part of the growing local food and urban agriculture movement! Individual volunteers are welcome to come Tuesday-Friday 9am-12pm or 1pm-3:30pm: Please contact us to schedule and confirm! We ask that individuals commit to a minimum of a 2 hour shift but longer visits are encouraged. We encourage individual volunteers to consider coming regularly. Groups of 20 or fewer members are heartily welcomed as well. Volunteers must be 12 years old unless accompanied by an adult.You will volunteer at one of our urban lots. Volunteer tasks will vary with the season. For instance, in early spring we prepare the beds to be planted. During this time, cover crop is tilled into the soul and the beds are turned, composted, and planted. Another priority during this time is seeding in the greenhouse. During the summer and early fall, we cultivate our crops and harvest produce, for distribution or sale. During the late fall, we prepare the farm for the winter
1353 Dorchester AvenueBoston, MA 02122
July 1, 2021
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 4 hours/ week