25 people are interested
Drive/Lead Fun Trips for Seniors
ORGANIZATION: City of Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
25 people are interested
Volunteer Trip Drivers/Leaders make fun trips happen for seniors!
- Safely transport up to 14 seniors in easy-to-drive van/mini-bus
- Convey atmosphere of fun
- Execute trip plan prepared by the staff including check-in group at venue, communicate and adhere to trip itinerary, support those with mobility challenges
- Walk with seniors at their pace
- Contribute their time, which sustains the program and keep fees affordable
- Are a people person
- Enjoy working with seniors
- Love to explore, learn, and go places like museums, concerts, ball games, theater, restaurants, railways and other amazing Colorado attractions
- Enjoy driving
- Want to make a positive difference for seniors
- Are available to drive/lead 1 to 4 trips/month; most occur M-F; some weekends
Flexible Scheduling: WEEKDAY AVAILABILITY REQUIRED.
A month ahead, volunteers select trips to drive/lead that fit their interests and availability.
Training Provided: Includes classroom time, van driving/trip leading practice with experienced driver/leader, first aid/cpr
COVID Safety: As conditions and public health orders change, safety requirements on trips may also change.
Mask: Required on the vans and inside the Active Adult Center. Some venues require a mask and vaccination card.
Ventilation: On the vans, fresh air is circulated by AC/vent and/or windows.
Disinfection: Hard surfaces in the vans are cleaned after each use.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About City of Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center
Wheat Ridge Active Adult Center, 6363 W 35th Ave, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033, US
The City of Wheat Ridge's Parks & Recreation department is dedicated to serving our community by providing diverse programs, experiences and spaces that enhance quality of life.
The Active Adult Center, a facility of the Wheat Ridge Parks and Recreation department, primarily serves people age 50+. We strive to create community connections to enrich health, wellness and vitality through age-appropriate classes, events, activities, trips, and outdoor recreation.
6363 W. 35th AveWheat Ridge, CO 80030
November 10, 2022
- First Aid / CPR
- Bus/Van Driving
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- After initial training, drive/lead 1-4 trips/month; average duration 5 hours, varies from 3-12 hours; complete 1 refresher training/year, up to 8 hours total. WEEKDAY AVAILABILITY REQUIRED.
- Maintain personal vehicle insurance