DONATE TO THIS
50 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society, San Diego
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
50 people are interested
*NMCRS San Diego is currently looking for volunteer caseworkers who have prior Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society experience as a Client Services Assistance or a Caseworker*
Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society (NMCRS) San Diego is looking for committed volunteers to work between 8 and 16 hours per week as financial caseworkers during our office hours. The following shifts are available:
Mondays: 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Tuesdays: 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Wednesdays: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. or 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Thursdays: 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Fridays: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. or 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
NMCRS Caseworkers work with our military members and their families assessing their financial needs, completing and analyzing personal budgets, developing spending plans, helping the client access resources, and assisting them with interest free loans, grants, and other Society resources. A caseworker is an ambassador and advocate for the client who works to help meet his/her immediate financial needs.
- Analyze client requests for financial assistance
- Assist clients in creating a personal spending plan for their family
- Assist clients in accessing area resources and programs to help with needs
- Collaborate with staff members and experienced caseworkers to determine the best course of action for assistance
- Provide financial assistance within casework policies
- Maintain compassion, confidentiality, and professionalism at all times
- Commit to a minimum of (2) four hour shifts per week
- Commit to the team for a minimum of 6 months
- Complete NMCRS Orientation and On the job training
- Basic computer skills to include knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to learn NMCRS cloud based software
- Ability to present a professional, friendly, and objective demeanor with clients
- Ability to actively listen and effectively communicate in English
- Be able to work with variety of client, volunteer, and staff personalities
- Childcare and mileage reimbursed
- Build your resume
- Gain an understanding of the different types of financial planning (immediate vs. long-term)
- Learn how to interview active duty and retired military clients
- Learn the military pay system
- Gain knowledge of area resources dedicated to military families
- Opportunity to positively impact quality of life for NMCRS clients
Preference given for military spouses or those who already have military base access. Those without base access must be able to pass a background check. For more information about Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society please visit www.nmcrs.org
08:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Wednesday 8:00 - 12:00; Friday 8:00 - 12:00
12:00 PM to 04:00 PM
Monday 12:00 - 4:00; Tuesday 12:00 - 4:00; Wednesday 12:00 - 4:00; Thursday 12:00 - 4:00; Friday 12:00 - 4:00
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society, San Diego
Naval Base San Diego, 3115 Dolphin Alley Bldg 270, San Diego, CA 92101, US
The mission of the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Socitey is to provide, in partnership with the Navy and Marine Corps, financial, educational, and need-based assistance to active-duty and retired Sailors and Marines, their eligible family members, and survivors.
The Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society is a private, non-profit, volunteer, service organization. As a Center of Excellence, it is committed to ensuring that all available resources are used to assist personnel of the Naval Service--active, retired, and their eligible family members-- to achieve financial self-sufficiency and find solutions to emergency needs.
Naval Base San Diego3115 Dolphin AlleyBldg 270, PO Box 368103San Diego, CA 92101
December 1, 2023
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 4 hours per week; 16 hours max.
- Our office is on a Naval Base; a background check will be required for base access.