DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Making Dallas a No-Kill city is a big job and as a volunteer-based organization, we need a lot of great volunteers to do it. As a rescue admin, you provide the organization with a dedicated representative to work hand in hand with the administration side of a continued positive partnership of Dallas Pets Alive! and our shelter partners.
To be considered, please be sure to also complete our volunteer application at https://dallaspetsalive.org/volunteer/volunteer-application/
Reports to: Our Rescue Director, Vice President of Animal Operations, and Executive Director.
Works with: This volunteer will have regular and continuous contact virtually or over the phone with employees of DPA shelter partners, along with Dallas Pets Alive! team leaders and fosters. This opportunity will also require consistent communication and availability in case of shelter emergency rescue needs.
- Monitor emails from DPA partner shelters and/or their social media for pets in need
- Complete brief write-ups with photos of shelter pets in need and add to DPA’s foster Google networking albums (ideally daily but if not feasible as frequently as possible)
- Send shelter candidates to DPA leadership for review and approval to network to fosters
- Maintain Google Albums for candidates for assigned shelter partner where fosters "shop" for new foster pets, adding and removing pets based on assigned shelter partner need
- Request medical and other records as needed from assigned shelter partner for any pets pulled into DPA foster program
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Must not have conflicting associations with similar non-profit organizations or business(es) related to animal welfare
- Ability and willingness to maintain consistent availability in case of emergencies.
- Must have a high school diploma/GED and some related animal/rescue group experience preferred
- Ability to work virtually (Email, Slack, Phone). A flexible work schedule to answer shelter partner correspondence during the work day is preferred but not required.
- Must be organized and skilled at record-keeping
Dallas Pets Alive! Musts:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to maintain professional level correspondence at all times
- A motivational, can-do attitude to represent DPA in a positive manner to our supporters and the general public
- A problem-solving mindset to handle and diffuse challenging situations in a professional manner
- A love for animals and dedication to the cause of animal welfare
Time Commitment: Estimate 2-5 hours per week
To be considered, please be sure to also complete our volunteer application athttps://dallaspetsalive.org/volunteer/volunteer-application/
About Dallas Pets Alive!
11700 Preston Road Suite 660, Dallas, TX 75230, US
At Dallas Pets Alive, our mission is to promote and provide the resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals. We take an innovative approach to animal rescue and believe in creating a paradigm shift in the way our community views animal rescue. Adoption is not only the right thing to do but THE thing to do. OUR GOAL: To one day make all of North Texas No-Kill
Our organization is run mostly by volunteers, and all of our pets are housed by dedicated foster families throughout North Texas.
We rescue and help the healthy and treatable pets at greatest risk for euthanasia at our partner shelters. We also provide assistance and resources to pet owners having problems so significant that they need to surrender their pets to a shelter.
We strongly value diversity, inclusion, and our volunteers who each play a valuable role in our mission! We believe in developing volunteers who would like to gain additional experience, make a difference, and positively influence the community with their unique interests, skills, and experience.
We are implementing innovative and progressive programs in North Texas. We are currently focused on helping the healthy and treatable pets who are at risk of being killed in the Dallas Animal Services, by rescuing the pets that are at the greatest risk and helping owners who are having problems so great that they need to surrender their pet(s) to a shelter. Additionally, We focus solely on pets who have already been passed over by other groups and the Dallas Animal Services’ adoption programs that only take the healthy and treatable pets who are about to be killed and have no other options.
Please visit our website for additional information and learn on how you can become a partner in rescuing animals.
Instagram & Twitter: @dallaspetsalive
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 16, 2021
- Time Commitment: Estimate 2-5 hours per week