16 people are interested
Volunteer Health & Wellness Instructor( Training is Provided)
ORGANIZATION: Harmony cafe
Please visit the new page to apply.
16 people are interested
Volunteer Health Instructor- in need of lead teachers-co-teachers-assistants.
BILINGUAL in Spanish opening is also available. Our program is a very successful program
however, we need teachers to teach it to the community in need. You will receive training and
all the support you need to teach.
The lead teachers-can pick the day and time, they would like to teach the program. We will work around your schedule.
Are you looking for a way to give back and have a passion to help others improve their health and wellbeing?
Do you have experience/knowledge in the health field and/or longstanding personal interest in healthy lifestyle?
Are you looking for a volunteering position to learn some great skills and really make impact on people's lives?
Then we have a great opportunity for you!
Who are we?
We are the Harmony Cafe, our mission is to empower our guests by promoting health and wellness by providing education and access to affordable healthy food, set in a socially engaging environment, that offers a hand up approach.
What will you be doing?
You will be working in a volunteer position as an instructor across our health and wellness curriculum, we are introducing an 8-to-12-week program, that covers a comprehensive plan and innovative approach, toward community health in a group setting. You will be making a different in the community and improving the health and wellness of those that attend our program. This is a commitment that must be taken seriously.
You will be fully trained to teach the program!
Your duties and responsibilities will include the following
- You will be responsible for teaching 2 hours a week for 8 to 12 weeks-You will not be teaching alone, there is always a co-teacher assisting you with the class, plus another volunteer helping set up.
- You will be fully trained for teaching class!
- You will be making a positive impact through your knowledge and passion.
- You will be communicating with a wide range of people in the community
- You will be promoting the mission and values of the Harmony Cafe
- Must have outgoing personality
- Must know how to engage a group
- Prior teaching experience helpful
What are we looking for?
We are looking for volunteers will a background in the health field, OR volunteers that has teaching experience, and/or want to learn about health and have a strong desire and interest in health. You may have studied on your own. Our program is designed to teach you all your need to know to run the Feast program. You must have the passion to learn and teach. You must give us your commitment to follow through and be on time for your class. There will be people counting on you.
No teaching experience is required. This also a great opportunity for retired teachers or professionals. The classes are small, 10-15 students. The program is not a weight loss program but a holistic approach program.
As well as this the following are required.
- Experience in the heath field or teaching experience and the desire to learn and teach.
- Able to commit to 3 hours a week for 8 to 12 weeks
- Dependable and on time.
- Passion for helping others
- Desire to be of service to the community.
- Great interest in health and wellness
- Compassion for others and patience and respect.
- Comfortable in class and group setting.
So, if this sounds like a position you would be interested in and want somewhere to make a real change then reach out! Please send a cover letter or bio and your resume and or student classes you have completed with the information of the degree you are working towards. If you have experience volunteering in this field, please include that. If you have no experience, many of your skills can be transferable skills, please include
More opportunities with Harmony cafe
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Harmony cafe
PO Box 3041, Patchogue, NY 11772, US
Our mission is to empower our guests by promoting health and wellness by providing education and access to affordable healthy food, set in a socially engaging environment, that offers a hand up. We use a pay what you can donation model. Good Health is a fundamental human right.
The Change... Community-based solutions to reduce food insecurity, isolation and empowerment through education.
Innovation.... a donate based nonprofit community café that allows guests to set their own prices for a nutritious meal. Regardless of the ability to give, all guests receive a meal. Our meal events attract a diverse population of guests. Guests that pay less will not be distinguished from guests that pay full price. This gives a dignity dining experience free of judgment and stigma.
Community: Our café is open to everyone in the community. Our meals are not branded as a charity. The model is designed to bring people together from all socioeconomic backgrounds. If gives a sense of community because by dining with us, you are part of the community. We don’t have to be separated because of our differences; we need to be united because of them.
Our History. Since April of 2016, the harmony café has been serving the community. We have served over 1400 hot nutritious meals by using VFW hall as the venue space. Our vision is to raise enough funds to obtain a storefront café that will be open to the public on a regular basis. Harmony café is operated fully by all volunteers.
20 Medford AvenuePatchogue, NY 11772
June 4, 2022
- Teaching / Instruction
- Program Management
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 21
- You would be trained to run a class by one of our credited teachers. No experience required. One year commitment is required
- Have some knowledge of health-professionally or self-taught, we will train all volunteers to teach the Feast program. Must have the passion to teach and make a real difference in the community.