5 people are interested
Help reduce animal overpopulation - transport animals for Spay & Neuter
ORGANIZATION: East Bay SPCA
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
Purpose: Transport animals to/from the Oakland Spay & Neuter Surgery Center and the Oakland Adoption Center for their spay/neuter surgery. This is a critical piece in the adoption process. As soon as our animals are altered, they can go to their forever homes!
- Load crated animals into East Bay SPCA van
- Drive animals in van to/from the Spay/Neuter Center and/or back to Baldwin location
- Unload crated animals to hand over to staff at clinic for AM shift
- Unload crated animals and return to kennels for PM shift
- Assist with laundry and dishes if animals are not ready for pick-up right at 3pm (PM shift only)
- Flexible scheduling!
- After your initial training, you can pick up shifts as you are available. Shifts available from 8:30-9:30am or 3:00-4:30pm on Wednesdays, Thursdays, or Fridays.
Training & Support
- Training is provided
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Must be 18 or older
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds
- Provide copy of current CA driver’s license
- Provide copy of proof of insurance
- Comfortable driving one of East Bay SPCA’s vans
- Wear name tag and closed toed shoes at all times
- Use positive reinforcement and fear free techniques to transfer animals
- Drive safely, carefully, and courteously
- Follow all guidelines outline in the East Bay SPCA Volunteer Driver Agreement
- morning / 08:30 AM to 09:30 AM
- afternoon / 03:00 PM to 04:30 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About East Bay SPCA
8323 Baldwin St, Oakland, CA 94621, US
The East Bay SPCA is committed to the welfare of cats and dogs in the communities we serve. We strive to eliminate animal cruelty, neglect and overpopulation by providing programs and education that support people and companion animals.
The East Bay SPCA has been an innovator in animal welfare for over 125 years providing shelter, health care, and adoption services for unwanted animals since 1874. We are committed to finding homes for adoptable cats and dogs, providing affordable veterinary and spay/neuter services, and educating the public on responsible pet ownership. We are the oldest animal welfare organization in the East Bay and operate two animal shelters and three clinics, serving Alameda and Contra Costa counties.
8323 Baldwin St.Oakland, CA 94621
January 24, 2023
- Bus/Van Driving
- Animal Care / Handling
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours/week
- Driver's License