4 people are interested
4 people are interested
Organise for us a fundraising event or campaign to help us raise money for our project (Girls are Girls Not Brides) that intends to train 50 teenage mothers on business start-up basic skills and also start up a simple business for each of them to aim a livelihood.
Roles and responsibilities of a fundraiser
The fundraiser may perform one or a combination of the roles below;
- Research prospective donors.
- Create a strong fundraising message that appeals to potential donors.
- Identify and contact potential donors.
- Use online platforms to raise donations.
- Organize campaigns or events to solicit donations.
- Maintain records of donor information.
Any individual, group of individuals, company or organisation with no criminal record can perform the role or roles.
About Casey Foundation
Master Wood Plaza, Ndeeba., Masaka Road, Kampala, Central Uganda, UG
The Casey Foundation was founded in 2020. We are a not-for-profit organization that advocates for protecting and safeguarding female adolescents against child marriages and teenage pregnancies. We believe that ending child marriage and adolescent pregnancies will remove a significant barrier to global progress and ensure a world where girls look forward to their future. We aim to build a lot in which all girls have the opportunity to reach significant heights.
FORMATION OF CASEY FOUNDATION
The organisation was founded and incorporated in 2020 following a story that aired on NBS TV, a local television station on 6th June 2020 in Lwanda village, Luuka district in Eastern Uganda where a 13 year old pupil of primary five got pregnant and in her narration said," the man bought me a bottle of soda, a cake, gave me 2000 UGX (less than 1 USD) and promised to buy me a dress. I had sex with him, I conceived and now thinking of abortion but life is hard." This formed Casey Formation.
To see a world free of child marriages and teenage pregnancies where girls live to their full potential.
To fight and end child marriages and teenage pregnancies through education, skilling, advocacy, mentorship, and empowerment for young vulnerable girls to attain their full potential.
1. To educate and rally parents and community members about child marriage and teenage pregnancy.
2. To encourage enforcement of supportive laws and policies against child marriage and teenage pregnancy.
3. To empower girls with information, skills, and support networks.
4. To enhance girls' access to high-quality education through providing economic support and incentives to them and their families.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 15, 2021
- Child Welfare
- Community Outreach
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Resource Development / Management
- No Criminal record