DONATE TO THIS
7 people are interested
Volunteer Art Instructor
ORGANIZATION: FATE GROUP
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
7 people are interested
Schedule: Weekly Monday, Wednesday, Friday
One Session per day
Total Hours: 4
The part-time art instructor will help participants learn about the history of art and provide opportunities for students to create their own art by exploring their own artistic creativity. The art instructor will develop an interest in and ability for creative expression, as well as an understanding and appreciation of art in each student, and will have strong enthusiasm for art and enjoy teaching youth.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Prepare a program of study to meet the needs and interests of the students using the FATE Program outline.
- Establish and communicate clear learning objectives
- Develop age-appropriate instructional strategies to achieve the art curriculum goals
- Demonstrate and assist students to use different techniques and media to develop art works aligned to their artistic abilities
- Inform students about cultural and historical influences on art
- Provide instruction that encourages students to understand and appreciate art
- Encourage students to express their own personalities and thoughts through the creative process
- Assess and evaluate student's performance on a regular basis
- Provide feedback to relevant stakeholders about each participants progress
- Create an environment that is conducive to learning space at FATE Creative Arts Space
- Set and maintain acceptable standards of classroom behavior to establish an orderly learning environment
- Show students how to properly use and care for materials, tools, and equipment
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations.
- Assist the program committee in preparing and planning are displays and exhibitions for the community and FATE’s stakeholders.
Key Competencies and Skills:
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Planning and organizing
- Patience and stress tolerance
- Collaborative skills
Experience in Instruction A Plus, but not required. Must pass Background and Drug Screening. Must have CPR training, Reliable Transportation to and from FATE’s Creative Space, and Proof of Current Car Insurance.
More opportunities with FATE GROUP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About FATE GROUP
9175 North 76th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53223, US
Fashion, Art, and Teen Entertainment's (F.AT.E.) mission is to provide youth the outlet to express themselves: it elicits creativity; it recognizes their potential; it provides them with the venue to showcase their talents. Fashion, Art, and Teen Entertainment present teens with the opportunity to realize their fate: what they’re destined to be.
Fashion, Art, and Teen Entertainment Teen Empowerment Group (F.AT.E.) provides activities related to the arts for youth in the Greater Milwaukee area between the ages of 10-17 years old. F.A.T.E. provides a place where youth (middle/high school) will have the chance to improve and develop their talents. The goal of the group is to provide youth who are seeking an outlet that offers a positive support system which potentially could help avoid pitfalls that can disrupt their lives To accomplish this goal, young people must be provided a caring, inclusive environment that promotes their best efforts and reinforces personal aspects in their talent and in their art.
The objectives are skill development, empowerment/ownership, and showcasing of talents. The desired outcome is that this interaction will help youth foster a more positive attitude about their future and its prospects. By having a better understanding of how to properly elevate and leverage their talent, youth will feel empowered to confidently pursue their dreams.
9175 North 76th StreetMilwaukee, WI 53223
June 12, 2022
- Visual Arts
- Exhibition Arts
- Arts Administration
- Background Check
- Schedule: Weekly Monday, Wednesday One Session per day Total Hours: 4