19 people are interested
Fresh Express Mobile Markets
ORGANIZATION: TACOMA FARMERS MARKET
Please visit the new page to apply.
19 people are interested
Welcome to our Fresh Express Mobile Market program with the Tacoma Farmers Market! We are so grateful for your interest in helping others. We're thrilled to have the opportunity to bring fresh produce from Tacoma's local farms to the communities most in need. With your help, we can make our mobile markets and the communities they serve thrive.
As a small mobile farmers market operation, we sometimes have to pivot to meet the changing needs of the market, this means your role with us could change over time. We appreciate your patience and flexibility with this and we're looking forward to working with you! Some of the work involves assisting staff setup a tent, display produce in bins on tables, customer service that discusses the Snap Match program, and produce education. Other duties depend on the needs of the staff for the different locations.
All of the Tacoma Farmers Market staff and volunteers are required to adhere to the WA state and CDC social and physical distancing guidelines. All our staff and volunteers should wear face masks when serving the community or at our permanent and mobile market sites.
As a part of our work we are helping to provide low-income and low food access communities most affected by the impacts of COVID-19 with fresh produce from Pierce county local farms. It is both our honor and our duty to take this responsibility seriously and we are committed to keeping our communities safe.
09:30 AM to 11:45 AM
2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month
11:00 AM to 03:00 PM
1st and 3rd FRIDAYS of the month @ Asia Pacific Cultural Center
01:00 PM to 04:45 PM
Every Tuesday of the month Bay Terrace
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
More opportunities with TACOMA FARMERS MARKET
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About TACOMA FARMERS MARKET
902 MARKET ST, TACOMA, WA 98402, US
Tacoma Farmers Market creates vibrant marketplaces where local farms, small businesses, and organizations connect directly with the community.
The Tacoma Farmers Market envisions:
- A thriving Pierce County where farmland is actively preserved and local farms and farmers are supported, especially those from historically marginalized communities
- That all residents, regardless of income, will have reliable access to fresh, healthy food, and celebrate its place in our community
- An affordable and accessible path to business ownership that reflects Pierce County’s rich diversity
Multiple locations Tacoma, WA 98402
March 13, 2023
- Community Outreach
- Cross-cultural Communication
- People Skills
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- Sign up for at least one slot for any mobile market site day. Our mobile markets run 3 to 4 hours. We ask that our volunteers show up a half hour before start time and stay for a half our after the market ends.
- People skills! Be willing to reach out to people who may seem confused or not sure where to go and explain what FEMM is to our shoppers.