Museum Program Assistant
Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
We are looking for someone who is passionate about history, museums and missions. Candidates need excellent oral communication skills and enjoy working with people. They work well with a team and on their own, organizing and setting up for programs, as well as assisting with exhibits. They are excellent communicators of JAARS mission and the museum story.
Hours are flexible.
- Assist in planning, organizing, promoting, setting up and working at museum events and offsite outreaches
- Give guided tours of the museum as needed
- Work at the reception desk to answer the phone, keep visitor records, schedule tours, greet and orient visitors, turn on various technology used in exhibits, sells gift shop items and answer questions
- Assist with planning, installing and building exhibits
- Attend museum meetings and trainings
- Attend JAARS events and meetings when possible
- Perform any other tasks that are needed
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- High school diploma or equivalent; College degree preferred
- Strong interest in history, missions and museums
- Able to communicate well in English both in written and oral form
- Skilled in using a computer
- Personable and enjoys people
- Works well on a team and independently
- Previous cross-cultural experience or knowledge of another language may be helpful but is not required
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who is committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their native language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.
JAARS7405 Jaars RdWaxhaw, NC 28173
July 6, 2021
- Visual Arts
- Exhibition Arts
- People 55+