1 person is interested
Shelter Support Volunteer
1 person is interested
Circle of Hope is a domestic violence agency serving Habersham, Stephens and White counties. Our mission is to support, empower and bring hope to those affected by domestic violence. Our emergency shelter exists to provide a safe haven, crisis intervention and support services for those who are not safe in their own home.
We are currently seeking dedicated volunteers who are passionate about helping others to provide assistance to the shelter staff members.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Assist staff with answering the administrative telephone line
- Assist staff in providing crisis intervention with program participants as needed
- Making files and information packets for program participants
- Providing transportation for program participants to attend appointments
- Completing intakes with program participants as needed
- Grocery shopping for the residential facility
- Preparing rooms for new families to enter the shelter
- Assisting staff with other duties as needed
- Maintaining the confidentiality of callers and program participants
- Attending in-service trainings and workshops for volunteers
About Circle of Hope
P.O. Box 833, Cornelia, GA 30531, US
Circle of Hope's mission is to support, empower and bring hope to those affected by domestic violence.
Circle of Hope is a multi-faceted domestic violence agency with the mission to support, empower and bring hope to those affected by domestic violence through advocacy, awareness, education and community partnerships. We provide the following services: safe, confidential shelter; case management; safety planning; children’s advocacy; trauma-focused individual and group counseling; legal advocacy to obtain temporary protective orders; social advocacy; court advocacy that specializes in providing support and advocacy to victims whose perpetrators are involved in misdemeanor and felony criminal cases; transportation assistance; parenting and life skills education; financial assistance and follow-up services. Emphasis is also placed on offering extended housing services by means of four distinct housing programs that offer short to long-term supportive housing for families who need assistance. Circle of Hope also provides a K-12 and collegiate school-based Violence Prevention Program and professional in-service trainings to businesses, social service agencies, and law enforcement agencies.
Multiple locations Cornelia, GA 30531
July 30, 2021
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We are seeking dedicated volunteers to work a full or partial shift that is ongoing based on his/her availability.
- Complete 20 hours of training on domestic violence advocacy and job specific training to gain an understanding of domestic violence issues and dynamics-Cogent fingerprint background check and DHS approval letter- Adherence to policies and procedures