10 people are interested
Press Officer Intern
10 people are interested
CMMB - Healthier Lives Worldwide is an international, faith-based NGO providing long-term, co-operative, medical and development aid to communities affected by poverty and unequal access to healthcare. For over a century, we have worked to strengthen and support communities through healthcare programs and initiatives, the distribution of medicines and medical supplies, and the placement of volunteers.
CMMB’s Volunteer Program addresses the critical need for professionals in areas that lack sufficient resources for quality preventive and curative health services, especially for women and children. Our Volunteer Program has placed thousands of practitioners around the world to help develop and implement community health interventions, work at local hospitals and health facilities, conduct clinical training for host country counterparts, and deliver essential medicines and supplies. The ultimate goal of CMMB's Volunteer Program is to support our country teams and local healthcare workers by sending volunteers that are dedicated to strengthening local health systems and supporting a pattern of sustainable development.
We believe in a world in which health and human dignity are shared by all.
We believe that access to quality healthcare is a basic human right. For more than 100 years, we have worked with global partners to deliver locally sustainable, quality healthcare solutions to women, children, and their communities. We’re ready to make it 100 more.
We believe change starts with her.
We work tirelessly for women’s and children’s health because they are disproportionately affected by illness and poverty. We know that healthy, educated, and empowered women are better able to raise healthy, educated, and confident children, and that communities depend on their livelihoods.
We believe in people.
We strive to live out our core values of collaboration, love, excellence, and respect every day. We provide our volunteers with a meaningful volunteer package, and the opportunities to learn, grow, and leave a longstanding legacy. We especially encourage all persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
COVID update and work from home update: CMMB has developed guidelines to inform the different aspects of preparedness and preventive measures we need to put in place for the reopening of our NYC Headquarters. These guidelines were developed based on the Employee Wellness Survey responses, the COVID-19 Task Force and external survey through the Humentum network. CMMB is still working from home to protect the health of its employees. Internships will be remote until further notice. In the meantime, we are interviewing for remote service to support the COVID response with urgently needed skills.
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated from an advanced degree program in Global/Public Affairs, International Relations, Public Policy or related field
- A minimum of two years of experience in communications, journalism, international relations, public information, public relations, or related field
- Strong writing, editing, research, and media monitoring skills
- Excellent presentation talent and technical skills, including Google/Microsoft Suite and Adobe Creative Suite
- Monitor the news for hooks and media coverage
- Research and cultivate good working relationships with individual journalists
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics
- Research, fact-check, edit, and produce professional and communications material for various audiences
- Write an edit content, including press releases, op-eds, speeches, publications, website content, and marketing material that communicates CMMB’s projects and activities
- Exceptional communications competency, creativity and enthusiasm
- Thrives in big picture possibility and can hold the details need for high-quality project execution
- A broad understanding of and interest in the media landscape, and the ability to identify trends and opportunities to pitch CMMB and its thought leaders to the press
- Spring: mid-January through April
- Summer: June through September
- Fall: September through December
- College/university credit available
- Part-time, Flexible schedules
- Office hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm EST
100 Wall St, Floor 9, New York, NY 10005, US
Inspired by the example of Jesus, CMMB works in partnership globally to deliver locally sustainable, quality health solutions to women, children, and their communities.
CMMB is a leading faith-based NGO focused exclusively on global health care for the world’s poor, by building healthy, sustainable communities through community engagement and partnerships. Now entering its second century, CMMB is committed to integrating and focusing its programming around saving the lives of children and mothers by concentrating on leading causes of mortality in targeted communities.
Building around a new CHAMPS (CHildren And Mother PartnershipS) model, CMMB works at both the community and clinical levels in these targeted communities to strengthen health services and address the leading causes of maternal and child death. CMMB has committed to develop 20 CHAMPS sites by 2020, incorporating at least 3 in Haiti, Kenya, Peru, South Sudan, and Zambia.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 15, 2021
- Technical Writing
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Part-time, Flexible schedules Office hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm EST