Crisis Line Coverage
Circle of Hope is a domestic violence agency serving Habersham, Stephens and White counties. Our mission is to support, empower and bring hope to those affected by domestic violence. Our local crisis line serves to provide 24-hour support and crisis intervention and is the primary point of contact for those seeking our services. We are currently seeking volunteers who are passionate about helping others and dedicated to extensive training to assist with providing support and answering our crisis line, text line and online chat.
- Responding to crisis calls, texts and chats on the hotline
- Assessing callers needs and making appropriate referrals
- Completing a telephone contact sheet and/or documenting each call.
- Compiling statistical data of number of calls received and submits to supervisor
- Maintaining the confidentiality of callers and program participants
- Attending in-service trainings and workshops for volunteers
About Circle of Hope
P.O. Box 833, Cornelia, GA 30531, US
Circle of Hope's mission is to support, empower and bring hope to those affected by domestic violence.
Circle of Hope is a multi-faceted domestic violence agency with the mission to support, empower and bring hope to those affected by domestic violence through advocacy, awareness, education and community partnerships. We provide the following services: safe, confidential shelter; case management; safety planning; children’s advocacy; trauma-focused individual and group counseling; legal advocacy to obtain temporary protective orders; social advocacy; court advocacy that specializes in providing support and advocacy to victims whose perpetrators are involved in misdemeanor and felony criminal cases; transportation assistance; parenting and life skills education; financial assistance and follow-up services. Emphasis is also placed on offering extended housing services by means of four distinct housing programs that offer short to long-term supportive housing for families who need assistance. Circle of Hope also provides a K-12 and collegiate school-based Violence Prevention Program and professional in-service trainings to businesses, social service agencies, and law enforcement agencies.
P.O. Box 833Cornelia, GA 30531
July 30, 2021
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We are seeking dedicated volunteers to work a full or partial shift that is ongoing based upon his/her availability.
- Complete 20 hours of training on domestic violence advocacy and job specific training to gain an understanding of domestic violence issues and dynamics-Cogent fingerprint background check and DHS approval letter- Adherence to policies and procedures