25 people are interested
Social Media Assistant (experience required)
ORGANIZATION: Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue
Please visit the new page to apply.
25 people are interested
Reports to: LLAR's Social Media Coordinator, a volunteer
- Assist Social Media Coordinator (see this role's description on VolunteerMatch) in remotely managing the day-to-day activity on Louie’s Legacy’s social media accounts, including Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Monitor the Social Media email for post requests, assist with day-to-day content curation, schedule posts per the content calendar created by the Social Media Coordinator and reply to comments/questions on our social media accounts, as necessary
About Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue
4725 BOOMER RD, CINCINNATI, OH 45247, US
Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue is a positive, professional 501(c)3 rescue charity that helps our community and shelter partners save more animals, more quickly by rescuing them, temporarily caring for them in our excellent, supportive foster homes and matching them with fantastic adoptive pet parents.
The story of Louie’s Legacy started in 2006 when our founder Emily met a Basset Hound mix with red fur and different colored eyes living at a shelter with a 99% euthanasia rate. Not long after bringing him home, Louie was diagnosed with heartworm disease. Some suggested taking him back to the shelter, but Emily refused. Louie was more than just a pet. He brought joy into her life and gave her something to care about and love outside of herself. And in the process of healing Louie, she found that he healed her too. Emily soon realized the overwhelming number of shelter animals whose lives were cut short. Louie could have easily been the same. Instead, he became an incredible catalyst for her mission and the inspiration for Louie’s Legacy. Since then, we've saved thousands of
animals and become one of the nation's largest foster-based rescues. Our goal is to save as many animals as possible and to expand our reach to help in even more areas, especially those that struggle with high populations of homeless and neglected animals.
In 2021, we saved the lives of more than 3,200 animals thanks to the generosity of our volunteers, fosters and donors.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 5, 2023
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
- Social Media / Blogging
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 21
- Varies, but about five hours per week