Blood Drive Volunteer - Delivering our mission during #COVID19 (Whitman Co.)
During #COVID19, life's emergencies don't stop - and neither does the work of the American Red Cross. You can help! Be part of our mission to support blood drives and you may help save lives.
The role of a DONOR AMBASSADOR is to ensure that blood donors have a pleasant and fulfilling experience from the moment they arrive to the moment they leave. During a blood drive, whether you are greeting donors, answering questions or thanking them for their donation, your courtesy and professionalism will create a favorable impression that encourages ongoing donor support.
- Available for one 4-6 hour shift per month (typically weekdays)
- Excellent professionalism and communication skills
- Comfortable working with people from diverse communities and backgrounds
- Ability to learn and understand technology needed for position: Donor Check-in, Donor Tablet, Rapid Pass, Donor App
- Ability to explain/teach technology to others
- Ability to regularly commit to schedule, arrive punctually and adapt to change-driven culture
About American Red Cross / Northwest Region
1900 25th Ave South, Seattle, WA 98114, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Various locations in Whitman Co.Pullman, WA 99163
September 17, 2021
- Office Reception
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- One shift per month, typically 4-6 hours, weekdays
- Willingness to volunteer in person and follow public health guidelines.