181 people are interested
Web developer- REMOTE
Please visit the new page to apply.
181 people are interested
Tutoria.io is a non-profit organization that matches individuals seeking knowledge services (English tutoring, US citizenship, and/or legal aid) with volunteers willing to help. We are looking for experienced web developers who are passionate about giving back to their community and making a positive impact in the world to join us as volunteers.
- 1+ year professional web dev experience
- Dedicate minimum 3 hours per week for at least 3 months
- Be able to attend weekly Monday night meetings / work sessions or post weekly async updates by this time
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Nice to have - Leadership experience (mentoring and providing guidance to junior devs)
- Work on the website's frontend and backend using full stack Ruby on Rails 7
- Implement new features and fix bugs
- Collaborate with other team members
- Attend weekly meetings to discuss progress and plan future tasks
- Perform code reviews
This is an unpaid volunteer position, but it is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience while making a positive impact on the world. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about using their skills to make a difference and are willing to commit their time and energy to our cause.
Background Check Requirement:
Please note that all volunteers must be 18 years old and above and would have to undergo a background check. Additional details are available on Tutoria’s FAQ page (https://tutoria.io/en/faq#q24).
If you are willing to fulfill the above conditions please apply.
495A HENRY ST NUM 1020, BROOKLYN, NY 11231, US
To connect seekers of knowledge services with volunteers eager to make a difference.
Tutoria connects people in need with volunteer tutors via our online platform. Volunteers and clients sign up at https:// tutoria.io. They select their interests (English tutoring, US Citizenship, or legal aid) and availability. They then connect with one another via direct message.
Why Tutoria? There is a strong demand from immigrants for education and legal services around the world. There is also a large supply of volunteers offering to teach such classes. The bottleneck is that connecting immigrants and volunteers is done manually by non-profit staff, who do not have the capacity to provide matching/scheduling services. As a volunteer, you will not only create a social impact by helping us meet this need; you will benefit personally by working closely with a passionate group of volunteer professionals, including Tutoria’s leadership.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
February 13, 2024
- Website Programming
- Software Engineering
- Software Development
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 3 hours per week for at least 3 months