44 people are interested
Operational Compliance & Risk Management Support - REMOTE
Please visit the new page to apply.
44 people are interested
The consultants will be asked to:
1) Find an outside legal counsel and onboard Tutoria onto the Law Firm’s Pro bono portfolio;
2) Interact and engage with Legal counsel to create a list of policies with key content needed for Board members and Volunteers as an initial focus;
3) Work with legal firm on drafting policies;
4) Work on any additional legal deliverables as needed;
5) Research and negotiate purchase of Directors & Officers (D&O) Insurance;
6) Work with Tutoria’s other teams-such as Digital Marketing, HR, and IT-to identify, assess, and mitigate the risks inherent in their activities;
7) Participate in building a Compliance and Risk Team.
You will be a good fit for this role if you have experience in Operational/Legal Risk, HR/Corporate Payroll and procurement, or other relevant areas.
Tutoria welcomes all student volunteers to apply with us. Please note that Tutoria cannot accept those interested in fulfilling 24-month STEM OPT requirements, since this is a volunteer opportunity. Candidates will be required to submit evidence from their institution verifying their OPT status.
Background Check Requirement:
Please note that all volunteers must be 18 years old and above and would have to undergo a background check. Additional details are available on Tutoria’s FAQ page (https://tutoria.io/en/faq#q24).
If you are willing to fulfill the above conditions please apply.
495A HENRY ST NUM 1020, BROOKLYN, NY 11231, US
To connect seekers of knowledge services with volunteers eager to make a difference.
Tutoria connects people in need with volunteer tutors via our online platform. Volunteers and clients sign up at https:// tutoria.io. They select their interests (English tutoring, US Citizenship, or legal aid) and availability. They then connect with one another via direct message.
Why Tutoria? There is a strong demand from immigrants for education and legal services around the world. There is also a large supply of volunteers offering to teach such classes. The bottleneck is that connecting immigrants and volunteers is done manually by non-profit staff, who do not have the capacity to provide matching/scheduling services. As a volunteer, you will not only create a social impact by helping us meet this need; you will benefit personally by working closely with a passionate group of volunteer professionals, including Tutoria’s leadership.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 12, 2024
- Human Resources Legal Compliance
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18