Be a leader in your community! Community Volunteer Leader - Flagler County
Florida’s Space Coast Chapter is actively seeking interested individuals to become Community Volunteer Leaders. A Community Volunteer Leader is a passionate leader who desires to make a positive impact in the community through their engagement in the Red Cross mission. In partnership with the local Executive Director, the Community Volunteer Leader works to recruit a volunteer workforce that is inclusive and represents the demographics of the community.
- Serving as an advocate, representing the Red Cross volunteer needs within a specific community.
- Sharing volunteer needs within social networks / circles of influence.
- Meeting with community groups and schools to share about volunteer opportunities.
- Helping build / regain/ enhance presence in the local community.
- Providing Red Cross updates to local service clubs (Rotary, Kiwanis, etc.).
- Participating in local community events as an extension of Executive Director or Regional Executive.
- Assisting with cultivating, managing and stewarding external partner relationships.
- Supporting routine meetings with key stakeholders (fire chiefs, mayors, veteran organizations, local media partners).
- Passion for the Red Cross mission and the community
- Demonstrated interest in promoting volunteerism
- A natural 'connector’; able to connect the community needs with American Red Cross
- Embraces diversity and inclusion and demonstrates understanding of the mission, vision, and seven fundamental principles
- Leads by example and demonstrates Red Cross values
About American Red Cross - Central Florida & USVI
3310 W Main Street, Tampa, FL 33607, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands affected by disaster, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Palm Coast, FL 32137
October 13, 2021
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10 to 20 hours per month