DONATE TO THIS
15 people are interested
Build Your Grant Researcher Expertise as a Virtual Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: INSTITUTE FOR NATURAL MEDICINE
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
15 people are interested
About our volunteer Grant Researcher role:
Our goal is to recruit a team of volunteers from around the US (multiple time zones), who are interested in supporting our nonprofit by researching prospective grant funders. Here are our goals:
- Experience is NOT needed. You'll gain tremendous experience that can help launch grant work for you.
- We are seeking volunteers who can contribute 2 to 4 hours a week (researching) and 1 hour a week by joining our virtual grants team meeting.
- 1-year minimum commitment
- Good writing and grammar is needed
- Must be comfortable in researching virtually
A question often asked is will I get to write grants? Here is our approach and our why: As the volunteers complete researching around two dozen grants (around the 3rd month) often the grant researcher (volunteer) may want to help more and begin to write a portion of a grant on behalf of the Institute for Natural Medicine (Naturalmed.org). For those that are interested and ready, writing will be discussed (writing for a letter of introduction, a letter of interest, and a letter of inquiry, or part and or all of the grant submission). If a Grant researcher volunteer has prior experience or shows exceptional research/writing this timeline may be adjusted. Note: We typically require a minimum of 12 grants to be researched as we really want those who write for us to truly understand how we implement our mission and what our collective impact is. Your passion for our work needs to show through in your research and writing.
If you enjoy research, or writing we need you! A background in Naturopathic Medicine and health is an asset. And if you are passionate about Institute for Naturopathic Medicine all the better.
Have we captured your interest? If so, please reply in volunteer match and include the following:
Tell us about the following;
- Why Institute for Naturopathic Medicine?
- Can you commit to the time commitment (2 -4 hours a week and 1 hr for our grant team meeting)
- Are you comfortable with our request to commit to a minimum of 1 year?
- Can you confirm on a weekly basis that you can attend our virtual grant team meeting each Thursday from 1:00 to 2:00 Pacific | 4:00-5:00 Eastern.
- Share why you are interested in this role
- Share what support you will need (other than our initial clinic and access to our grant portal and form to be completed) in order for you to be successful.
For those candidates who are selected for interviews and get moved forward, you will be required to provide 3 references (with how you know the person, their phone, and email). We will ask you to complete a background check, letter of intent, and conflict of interest/confidentiality form and either a resume’ or your Linkedin profile.
Thank you in advance for your consideration. We look forward to hearing from you
More opportunities with INSTITUTE FOR NATURAL MEDICINE
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About INSTITUTE FOR NATURAL MEDICINE
4500 9TH AVE NE STE 300, SEATTLE, WA 98105, US
The Institute for Natural Medicine actively supports Americans' greater use of natural approaches to health care. The INM's mission is to transform health care in America through the greater use of the principles and practices of naturopathic medicine.
The Institute for Natural Medicine is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization partnered with the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians. Our mission is to transform healthcare in America by increasing both public awareness of naturopathic medicine and access to naturopathic doctors for patients. We believe that naturopathic medicine, with its unique principles and practices, has the potential to reverse the tide of chronic illness that overwhelms existing health care systems and to empower people to achieve and maintain their optimal lifelong health.
We strive to achieve this mission through a number of initiatives:
- Education - Reveal the unique benefits and outcomes of naturopathic medicine
- Access - Connect patients to licensed naturopathic doctors
- Research - Expand quality research of this complex and comprehensive system of medicine
INM also works to strengthen the field of naturopathic medicine from the inside by facilitating robust intra-professional communication, cultivating added residency and practice opportunities for NDs, and supporting alliance-building across health care professions. Our long-term vision includes supporting extended clinical studies that compare naturopathic medical care to conventional medical treatments.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 2, 2023
- Grant Writing / Research
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 -4 hours a week and 1 hr for our grant team meeting- Our team meetings are all virtual.
- We are seeking volunteers who are able to commit to a 1-year commitment, due to the level of learning and training. We will discuss your comfort level of this time commitment in our interview.