Training for all of our opportunities is done in house, so no prior experience is necessary, and knowledge of the military is not required. Our positions have flexible scheduling during the hours we are open, and we are able to offer childcare and mileage reimbursements while you volunteer. We have many great opportunities to build your resume, meet new people, have fun, feel appreciated, and give back to the community! We'd love to tell you more, so don't hesitate to reach out to us today!
Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society is a multi-faceted organization geared toward helping military members, their families, and retirees through financial education programs and other services. We are seeking volunteers to use their creative public relations skills to promote a positive image of the Society for recruiting purposes and creating wide spread knowledge of this great organization.
Volunteers will assist in the publication of the local newsletter, aid in the development of a publicity plan and cooperate in recruiting efforts to identify prospective volunteers.
- Support the communications program through various activities, including but not limited to: newsletter contributor, briefs, formal presentations, event/promotional displays, Advisory Board meeting materials, professional correspondence, historian/archives, graphic design, and cyber support
- Support local Program Chairs with their communications needs
- Maintain a publicity portfolio
- Maintain Social Media portfolio
- Ability to maintain a nonjudgmental demeanor, objectivity, and confidentiality
- Ability to listen and communicate
- Ability to present a professional, friendly, and objective appearance
- Ability to identify with the mission and serve as a NMCRS Ambassador
- Making a positive contribution - serving Sailors, Marines, and families
- Social networking and team building
- Skill building: Publishing, Graphic Design, Communication, Publicity
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Graphic Design/Visual Identity
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training