4 people are interested
Volunteer Counselors, Chaplains, Mental Health Professionals
4 people are interested
CMMB - Healthier Lives Worldwide is an international, faith-based NGO providing long-term, co-operative, medical and development aid to communities affected by poverty and unequal access to healthcare. For over a century, we have worked to strengthen and support communities through healthcare programs and initiatives, the distribution of medicines and medical supplies, and the placement of volunteers.
CMMB’s Volunteer Program addresses the critical need for professionals in areas that lack sufficient resources for quality preventive and curative health services, especially for women and children. Our Volunteer Program has placed thousands of practitioners around the world to help develop and implement community health interventions, work at local hospitals and health facilities, conduct clinical training for host country counterparts, and deliver essential medicines and supplies. The ultimate goal of CMMB's Volunteer Program is to support our country teams and local healthcare workers by sending volunteers that are dedicated to strengthening local health systems and supporting a pattern of sustainable development.
We believe in a world in which health and human dignity are shared by all.
We believe that access to quality healthcare is a basic human right. For more than 100 years, we have worked with global partners to deliver locally sustainable, quality healthcare solutions to women, children, and their communities. We’re ready to make it 100 more.
We believe change starts with her.
We work tirelessly for women’s and children’s health because they are disproportionately affected by illness and poverty. We know that healthy, educated, and empowered women are better able to raise healthy, educated, and confident children, and that communities depend on their livelihoods.
We believe in people.
We strive to live out our core values of collaboration, love, excellence, and respect every day. We provide our volunteers with a meaningful volunteer package, and the opportunities to learn, grow, and leave a longstanding legacy. We especially encourage all persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Covid-19 Update: Due to Covid-19, CMMB has paused all field deployments until 2021 as the countries we serve respond to this pandemic, and we are able to ensure the health and safety of our incoming field volunteers. Nonetheless, our commitment to support these communities remains, and we are eagerly waiting to be able to assist with the aftermath of this crisis when international travel is possible and safe.
For the time being, we are interviewing for remote service to support the COVID response with urgently needed skills.
Overview: CMMB is seeking experienced and licensed clinician volunteers, who can collaborate with our New York technical team, in-country program or health care staff to assess programmatic needs around mental health, in order to identify gaps and opportunities to provide them with training sessions and resources. The volunteers will use their academic and professional background to build capacity and identify coping mechanisms that our team can utilize as our countries devote time and effort to respond to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use your expertise in public and mental health to assess site specific programmatic needs
- Collaborate with program and healthcare staff to develop mental health first aid training to be delivered remotely
- Create a toolkit of resources for stress management and mental health preparedness during the Covid-19 response
- Work closely with local staff to monitor the effectiveness of coping strategies and the mental wellness programs
- Provide guidance to healthcare staff to help revise or develop mental wellness programs for staff and community members
- Provide consultation and support throughout the implementation of new programs and services
- Mentor program and healthcare staff via WhatsApp, Zoom, or Skype to empower them to be prepared to support their colleagues, patients, and community members as they respond to Covid-19
- A commitment to CMMB’s mission and values
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Relevant degree or coursework related to the service opportunity
- At least 1-2 years of experience in your profession
- Familiarity and interest in global health issues, especially maternal and child health
- Experience working in low resource settings
- Familiarity with leading training sessions
- The ability to work remotely using various online platforms
- Experience working remotely is preferred
- Applications to the CMMB International Volunteer Program are processed through CMMB HQ office and only suitable to international applicants. Please connect directly with the local CMMB office in Kenya, Zambia, South Sudan, Haiti or Peru to inquire about opportunities to volunteer within your country or region
Becoming a Volunteer: Visit https://cmmb.org/get-involved/volunteer/volunteer-from-home/ to learn about the remote opportunities we have and how you can apply to help CMMB by volunteering from home.
100 Wall St, Floor 9, New York, NY 10005, US
Inspired by the example of Jesus, CMMB works in partnership globally to deliver locally sustainable, quality health solutions to women, children, and their communities.
CMMB is a leading faith-based NGO focused exclusively on global health care for the world’s poor, by building healthy, sustainable communities through community engagement and partnerships. Now entering its second century, CMMB is committed to integrating and focusing its programming around saving the lives of children and mothers by concentrating on leading causes of mortality in targeted communities.
Building around a new CHAMPS (CHildren And Mother PartnershipS) model, CMMB works at both the community and clinical levels in these targeted communities to strengthen health services and address the leading causes of maternal and child death. CMMB has committed to develop 20 CHAMPS sites by 2020, incorporating at least 3 in Haiti, Kenya, Peru, South Sudan, and Zambia.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 15, 2021
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Spiritual Healing
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Must be at least 55