1 person is interested
FoodRx Patient Connect Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Second Harvest Heartland
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
FOODRx is an award-winning program that is on a mission to provide millions of nutritious meals for patients who can’t afford to buy enough healthy food to meet their medical needs. Utilize your computer and people skills and join this innovative team! Your work will be directly impacting our mission of ending hunger together.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct phone calls to screen and enroll patients into the program
- Follow-up with enrolled patients over the phone for monthly engagements
- Connect patients with additional resources
- Data entry and administrative support
What’s in it for you:
- Hands-on food insecurity experience at one of the largest Feeding America food banks
- Networking opportunities & educational events
- Further develop your administrative skills
- Resume builder
What you’re committing to:
- Weekly 3 hours shift for at least 6 months
- Being dependable
- Becoming knowledgeable about eligibility requirements for the FOODRx program
- Preserving patient confidentiality by adhering to HIPPA guidelines
- Having the ability interact patiently and with empathy with participants from diverse backgrounds
When and where you’ll volunteer:
- Volunteer Location: 7101 Winnetka Ave N, Brooklyn Park, MN 55428
- Days of the week: Flexible - Monday through Thursday
- Time of day: Flexible - 9am - 4pm
To Apply: Visit the opportunity on our portal, https://volunteer.2harvest.org/. Click "Respond" and complete the required initiative questions. Someone from Second Harvest Heartland will contact you about next steps.
Questions?: Contact Bri Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Second Harvest Heartland conducts background checks on all volunteers in this position. We reserve the right to decline a volunteer, or dismiss a current volunteer, based on the results of the background check.
More opportunities with Second Harvest Heartland3 Reviews
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Second Harvest Heartland
7101 Winnetka Ave No., Brooklyn Park, MN 55428, US
The mission of Second Harvest Heartland is to end hunger through community partnerships. At Second Harvest Heartland, our volunteer partners do more than enrich our work, they ground us to our mission of ending hunger together. We integrate volunteers into all aspects of creating and delivering solutions that will free our neighbors of hunger.
More than a food bank, Second Harvest Heartland is a leading partner in the policies and programs that work to end hunger, like SNAP, school meals and senior nutrition programs, and we’re an innovator in the areas where food can be the solution, like FOODRx and Minnesota Central Kitchen.
Second Harvest Heartland is a member of Feeding America, a national network of more than 200 food banks serving every state in the United States. Membership means access to millions of pounds of surplus food and grocery donations from manufacturers and producers throughout the country.
Working with our network of partners, volunteers and donors as well as people like you, our 90,000+ square feet of dry, refrigerator and freezer space is constantly accepting and distributing donations. Our fleet of trucks travels nearly half a million miles a year, picking up food donations and delivering them to local food shelves, soup kitchens, homeless shelters, senior community centers and children's after school programs. Each year we distributed more than 100 million meals to our partners in hunger-relief. Learn more at 2harvest.org.
Click here to visit our volunteer portal www.volunteer.2harvest.org and view all available opportunities.
7101 Winnetka Ave. No.Brooklyn Park, MN 55428
February 6, 2023
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 3 hour shift per week, 6 month minimum commitment