DONATE TO THIS
474 people are interested
Training for all of our opportunities is done in house, so no prior experience is necessary, and knowledge of the military is not required. Our positions have flexible scheduling during the hours we are open (only open during the week). We are looking for commited volunteers who are able to volunteer at least one four hour shift per week. We are able to offer childcare and mileage reimbursements while you volunteer. We have many great opportunities to build your resume, meet new people, have fun, feel appreciated, and give back to the community! We'd love to tell you more, so don't hesitate to reach out to us today!
The NMCRS Caseworkers work with our military members and their families assessing their needs, completing and analyzing budgets with them, developing spending plans, helping the client to address their needs, and assisting them with Society resources. A caseworker is an ambassador and advocate for the client. Today could be your day to be a beacon of hope to a military family.
- Analyze client requests for assistance
- Assist clients in creating a Spending Plan
- Assist clients in identifying alternate solutions to presented problems
- Assess whether needs presented can be met within NMCRS Casework policies
- Identify community resources and make professional referrals.
- Maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times
- Collaborate with staff members and veteran caseworkers when deciding on the course of action for assistance
Ability to learn NMCRS software
Ability to present a professional, friendly, and objective appearance to clients
Ability to listen and communicate
- Ability to assess alternatives and exercise active listening skills
Desire to serve others with consistency, objectivity, and a non-judgmental demeanor
We will walk you through orientation, office-specific training, and on-the job-training
Being in a fulfilling role, with a fun team!
Gain professional contacts or lifelong friendships
Opportunity to have positive impact on quality of life of our clients
Learn new skills
Reimbursement for childcare and mileage expenses
Opportunity to control work schedule
After you click that you are interested you will get an e-mail from VolunteerMatch with a link to fill out our internal application. Please follow that link and complete your application. Someone will get in contact with you soon.
We'll work with your schedule.
Naval Base San Diego3115 Dolphin AlleyBldg 270, PO Box 368103San Diego, CA 92170
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- No more than 16 hrs/week - minimum of 4 hrs/week
- Background chck required