DONATE TO THIS
525 people are interested
As a volunteer for the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society, you will SERVE Sailors and Marines by helping them achieve financial self-sufficiency, CONNECT with your local military community, and ADVANCE your resume and build valuable work experience.
The NMCRS Caseworkers work with our military members and their families by assessing their needs, completing and analyzing budgets with them, developing spending plans, helping the client to address their needs, and assisting them with Society resources. A caseworker is an ambassador and advocate for the client. Today could be your day to be a beacon of hope to a military family.
- Analyze client requests for assistance
- Assist clients in creating a spending plan
- Assist clients in identifying alternate solutions to presented problems
- Assess whether needs presented can be met within NMCRS Casework policies
- Identify community resources and make professional referrals.
- Maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times
- Collaborate with staff members and veteran caseworkers when deciding on the course of action for assistance
- Ability to learn NMCRS software
- Ability to present a professional, friendly, and objective appearance to clients
- Ability to listen and communicate
- Ability to assess alternatives and exercise active listening skills
- Desire to serve others with consistency, objectivity, and a non-judgmental demeanor
- Training is done in house; no prior experience necessary, and knowledge of the military is not required
This position has flexible scheduling. We are looking for volunteers who are able to commit at least one four to five hour shift per week, between 8am and 4pm, Monday thru Friday. We are able to offer childcare and mileage reimbursements while you volunteer. Contact us today to learn more about our great opportunities to build your resume, meet new people, have fun, feel appreciated, and give back to the community!
(After you click that you are interested you will get an e-mail from VolunteerMatch with a link to fill out our internal application. Please follow that link and complete your application. Someone will get in contact with you soon.)
About Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society, San Diego
Naval Base San Diego, 3115 Dolphin Alley Bldg 270, San Diego, CA 92101, US
The mission of the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Socitey is to provide, in partnership with the Navy and Marine Corps, financial, educational, and need-based assistance to active-duty and retired Sailors and Marines, their eligible family members, and survivors.
The Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society is a private, non-profit, volunteer, service organization. As a Center of Excellence, it is committed to ensuring that all available resources are used to assist personnel of the Naval Service--active, retired, and their eligible family members-- to achieve financial self-sufficiency and find solutions to emergency needs.
We'll work with your schedule.
Naval Base San Diego3115 Dolphin AlleyBldg 270, PO Box 368103San Diego, CA 92101
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 4 hrs/week; 16 hrs/week max.
- Our office is on a Naval Base; a background check will be required for base access.