15 people are interested
Marketing Assistant (Experience required)
ORGANIZATION: Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue
Please visit the new page to apply.
15 people are interested
Description: Have you been looking for a volunteer opportunity that leverages your professional skills and talents to help save the lives of thousands of animals in need? The Louie’s Legacy Marketing Assistant supports our Marketing & Development team in a number of important ways, including brand management, multi-channel communications, event coordination, PR, and admin.
- Reports To: Marketing and Development Manager (MDM).
- Location of Work: Remote.
- Schedule: Days/hours vary based on the number of animals in care and the availability of your peers.
- Time Commitment: Approximately 3-5 hours per/wk. We request a minimum of 3 months in this role .
Core Responsibilities include:
1) Marketing Operations
- Primary support to the MDM and Marketing Team.
- Key partner in the planning and execution of special projects.
- Help maintain the Louie’s Legacy brand guidelines across departments.
- Preliminary review and evaluation of communications and solicitations.
- Various administrative tasks, incl. maintenance of CRM and social media tools.
- Monitor M&D inventory - seek budget approval & replenish supply if necessary.
- Occasionally serve as an on-site liaison for special events.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Development Manager and M&D peers.
- Respond to emails, social media posts, and Slack messages relating to M&D.
- Communicate with appropriate LLAR volunteer teams as necessary.
- Evaluate our M&D processes and strategies and continuously suggest improvements.
Qualifications: Are you?
- A positive and professional teammate?
- An animal lover, committed to saving the lives of animals in need?
- An equally good people-person?
- A problem solver?
- An excellent communicator, able to tell compelling stories through various mediums?
- Skilled at editing and/or professional copywriting (media releases, brochures, etc.)?
- Cool under pressure, able to calmly navigate high-pressure situations?
- Extremely organized, self-directed, and able to effectively manage your time?
- Familiar with Google Sheets, Office, Slack, WordPress, Adobe Suite, and/or CRM systems?
- Comfortable learning new skills, processes, and technologies?
- Willing to maintain open, honest, and frequent communications.
- Able to engage in discussions with others about commitments.
- Have access to a phone, computer, and internet access?
If this sounds like you, please help Louie’s Legacy achieve our Vision to help rescue more animals, more efficiently, by working in a positive, professional and collaborative way with our community.
Important note - All Louie’s Legacy volunteers with access to internal communications, financial information, or personally identifying information must also:
- be over 18 years old.
- Commit to demonstrating the values outlined in our Organizational Cultural Agreement.
- Sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement in order to maintain a safe and responsible relationship with our volunteers, donors, fosters, and adopters.
About Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue
4725 BOOMER RD, CINCINNATI, OH 45247, US
Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue is a positive, professional 501(c)3 rescue charity that helps our community and shelter partners save more animals, more quickly by rescuing them, temporarily caring for them in our excellent, supportive foster homes and matching them with fantastic adoptive pet parents.
The story of Louie’s Legacy started in 2006 when our founder Emily met a Basset Hound mix with red fur and different colored eyes living at a shelter with a 99% euthanasia rate. Not long after bringing him home, Louie was diagnosed with heartworm disease. Some suggested taking him back to the shelter, but Emily refused. Louie was more than just a pet. He brought joy into her life and gave her something to care about and love outside of herself. And in the process of healing Louie, she found that he healed her too. Emily soon realized the overwhelming number of shelter animals whose lives were cut short. Louie could have easily been the same. Instead, he became an incredible catalyst for her mission and the inspiration for Louie’s Legacy. Since then, we've saved thousands of
animals and become one of the nation's largest foster-based rescues. Our goal is to save as many animals as possible and to expand our reach to help in even more areas, especially those that struggle with high populations of homeless and neglected animals.
In 2021, we saved the lives of more than 3,200 animals thanks to the generosity of our volunteers, fosters and donors.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 17, 2022
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Graphic Design / Print
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Grant Writing / Research
- About 5 hours per week, as noted in the above description.