8 people are interested
Please visit the new page to apply.
8 people are interested
Phinney's believes in keeping people and their beloved pets together. We do this by extending a helping hand to pet parents in need.
Phinney’s is looking for Client Coordinator volunteers who would be able to help screen cases of people asking for financial help with their pets.
The cases are assigned to Coordinators via email and require volunteers to be able to respond in at least 24 to 48 hours (immediate availability is a plus). Volunteers must have time to dedicate to this responsibility to finish a case once started.
- Screening the pet owner via phone, email and/or text, according to what is possible for you and the pet owner.
- Getting a form filled out by the pet owner (sometimes this requires the volunteer to do the work if the pet owner is too frail, confused or ill to do it).
- Requesting, compiling and checking confidential documents from the pet owner requesting help. Phinney’s has a list of documents needed.
- Verifying if the treatment in question can be done for less at another clinic or with different tests. (This would involve consulting partnering vets, the vet clinic being considered or other experts)
- Talking to the vets and technicians to answer questions about the validity and necessity of the treatment.
- Making recommendations about the case to Phinney's Client Committee (this may require several interactions).
Qualifications and Expectations
- Strong project management skills to manage a case seeing it through from the start to end. This is done under the supervision of the Client Committee.
- Organized to keep track of the case and make sure everything is followed through accordingly.
- Ability to think outside the box to help find a solution to the cases received.
- Eager to learn and research information from several sources.
- Must be kind, patient and reliable.
Client Coordinators will receive training via video, or another medium if video is not possible.
PO Box 425, Lincoln, MA 01773, US
Phinney’s believes in keeping people and their beloved pets together. We do this by extending a helping hand to pet parents in need.
Phinney's is a nonprofit that helps low-income people in Massachusetts keep their pets in times of hardships. We are 100% volunteer-based, so we depend on you to get the job done.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 18, 2022
- Customer Service
- Program Management
- Animal Care / Handling
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 5 hours.