1 person is interested
Internship - 360 Communities Hastings Lewis House - Fall 2021
1 person is interested
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for weekly goal planning with clients and follow-up as needed.
- Proactively seek out opportunities to provide emotional/behavioral support while maintaining professional and ethical behavior.
- Study and become familiar with Federal and State laws and how they impact victims of domestic and sexual violence.
- Seek out and understand resources to help clients with needs, such as: housing, education, medical, legal needs, financial/basic needs, and children’s needs.
- Support child clients by re-directing behaviors and maintaining safety.
- Perform general office duties: answer phones, direct calls, respond to inquiries.
- Follow Lewis House Safety and Security Procedures.
- Screen and answer the door, accept donations, and direct vendors.
- Support Lewis House families by assisting with personal need supplies.
- Follow mandated reporter requirements.
- Participate in house meetings, case consultation, and group events.
- Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as needed or apparent or as requested or delegated.
- Track and document direct service work with clients of the Lewis House.
- Minimum of 250 hours for internship
- Experience, education, or knowledge of socially, economically, or culturally diverse populations
- Ability to be self-directed, motivated and able to demonstrate non-judgmental profession decision making skills
- Ability to pass a background check
- Attend required training
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Shelter/residential and office environment exposure to machines: fax, copier, scanner, computers, and printers.
- Minimal noise level.
- While performing duties of this job, volunteer is regularly required to walk, stand, bend, kneel, sit, use hands to write, type, use computers, and lift up to 25 pounds.
At the start of each shift, we need volunteers to be able to answer no to the following questions:
- Do you have a new or worsening cough (that is not typical for you)?
- Are you running a fever that is high for you (higher than what your temperature is normally)?
- Do you have shortness of breath that is unusual for you?
- Are you feeling extremely lethargic or tired beyond what is normal for you?
- Do you have a sore throat or cough?
- Have you been exposed to anyone displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms recently?
About 360 Communities
501 E. Hwy 13, Suite 112, Burnsville, MN 55337, US
360 Communities delivers safety and stability that improves lives. We provide help in the moment and hope for the future.
Founded more than 40 years ago by a group of volunteers, 360 Communities provides hope and support to more than 17,500 individuals each year with services in over 40 locations, including a network of five food shelves, two resource centers, two sexual and domestic violence shelters, and two programs that support school success from birth through high school graduation. About 1,200 volunteers donate their time, energy and talent in support of 360 Communities every year.
360 Communities delivers a full circle of support to families through its strong network of programs, resources, and community partners. No matter how a person enters 360 Communities, staff and volunteers engage them to identify the root causes of their problems and provide resources to help them onto a path toward self-sustained success
Hastings Lewis HouseHastings, MN 55033
July 23, 2021
- Crisis Intervention
- Case Work / Management
- Crisis Counseling
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 250 hours