11 people are interested
11 people are interested
Do you have a few hours weekly to donate your time to a small hospice agency. Volunteers work directly with Hospice patients and families to provide support to patients in-home, or doing administrative work. Helping to care for our patients and families is a critical role played by our volunteers. These positions are some of the most challenging and rewarding volunteer opportunities.
Responsibilities may include: Assists the patient/family by providing respite, friendly visits, or essential services i.e. errands, shopping, light housekeeping, etc.
* Offers emotional support, companionship and supportive listening to patient/family.
* Serves as an integral member of the Hospice interdisciplinary team.
* Assist team and provides input to the plan of care as appropriate.
* Documents volunteer time and patient visit activity in an accurate, timely and objective manner.
* Maintains open communication, reporting regularly to the volunteer coordinator or supervisor.
* Participates in bereavement follow-up with families, as appropriate.
* Maintains confidentiality at all times.
* Adheres to policies and procedures.
* Completes the mandatory annual education.
* Meets all health requirements.
* Participates in volunteer support and educational in-services.
* Assists in training of new volunteers as appropriate.
Day(s) Needed: Weekdays, Evenings or Weekends Time(s) Needed: Preferably in 3-4 hour time blocks, flexible schedules based on volunteer availability Because of the direct patient and family interaction, all of these positions require Patient Care and Family Support volunteers to go through specialized Patient Care Training. This process teaches you about hospice and terminal illness and helps prepare volunteers to interact with and support our patients and families.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Successful adjustment to personal losses and no personal loss within past 12 months.
* Successful completion of volunteer training program.
* Clearance from appropriate health screenings and background check.
* Agree to mandatory policy statements.
* Supportive of hospice concept, and willing to serve others in a volunteer capacity.
* Comfortable working with families with different cultural and religious values.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Previous volunteer experience preferred.
* Independent means of transportation.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Tranquility Hospice
9515 Indianapolis Blvd, Ste 6F, Highland, IN 46322, US
The Agency's mission is to participate as an active part of the community, to provide and continuously improve hospice services to meet the needs of the patient by delivering value driven, high quality compassionate care.
Through our hospice and palliative care services, we surround patients and their loved ones with a team of professionals offering physical, emotional, and spiritual support. We assist and comfort patients by providing them the highest quality medical and spiritual care that aim to meet their specific needs.
9515 Indianapolis BlvdSte 6FHighland, IN 46322
August 18, 2021
- Animal Therapy
- Cross-cultural Communication
- People Skills
- Music Therapy
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- health requirements prior to patient visits