NHQ:ISD - PREP: GDPC Website Support & Maintenance Volunteer
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) International Services Development (ISD) team. Specifically the Preparedness (PREP) unit.
The Global Disaster Preparedness Center (GDPC) Website Support & Maintenance Volunteer supports users, drives traffic, and enhances partner engagement with the PrepareCenter.org website.
- Reviewing and analyzing websites for areas that can be improved and optimized
- Preparing detailed strategy reports
- Identifying powerful keywords to drive the most valuable traffic
- Running PPC campaigns
- Writing powerful calls-to-action to convert visitors
- Filling websites and other content with effective keywords
- Writing effective Search Engine Optimization (SEO) content for blogs, websites, and social media accounts
- Developing link building strategies
- Analyzing keywords and SEO techniques used by competitors
- Keeping updated on both white hat and black hat SEO strategies to avoid stay within search engine guidelines
- Compiling and presenting SEO guidelines
20 hours per month
- Experience with WordPress and website administration or management
- Prior experience in content marketing, content growth, and SEO
- Strong organizational, time management, and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of search engine optimization practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- Excellent ability to think creatively, strategically, and identify and resolve problems
- Familiarized with Google analytics
To apply for this opportunity and register as an American Red Cross volunteer, individuals must reside in the United States or on one of the United States Service to the Armed Forces stations. If you are an individual that does not meet this criteria, but are interested in volunteering with the Red Cross or Red Crescent Society in your country, please visit: https://www.ifrc.org/volunteer-us
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 15, 2021
- Database Administration
- Google Apps
- 20 hours per month