The Volunteer Coordinator will be responsible for assisting Special Olympics Philadelphia's staff in many aspects of volunteer management to include recrutiment, retention and recognition.
Volunteers are a vital part of Special Olympics. Without our volunteers we cannot provide year-round soprts training, competition and leadership opportunities for our Athletes (people with intellectual disaibilities). This coordinator position will play an integral part of ensuring Special Olympics Philadelphia can continue to offer quality programing to enhance the lives of our participants. You will receive full training and support from our staff.
The Volunteer Coordinator will assist with:
1. Coordination of volunteer recruitment efforts - develop and conduct various recruitment and outreach strategies
2. Assist new volunteers through the background clearance check process
2. Ensuring quality volunteer training is available to new recruits
3. Development and maintainence of volunteer records through our volunteer management software (Vsys)
4. Establish a recognition plan for volunteer and interns
5. Ensure appropriate placement of volunteers (coaches, day-of event volunteers, locations, etc.)
The Volunteer Coordinator can work from home, at our office, or both. A person in the Volunteer Coordinator role will be successful if they are able to put in a minimum of 2 hours of time in each week. This position is a part of our Management Team that will meet in person bi-monthly for approximately 1-2 hours.
Length of Term: 1 year (flexible)
We do require occasional in person meetings, so we do ask that all interested persons live within the Philadelphia, PA region.
- Program Management
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- No required time- 2-5 hours a week is recommended
- Comfortable using computers, internet and email.