3 people are interested
Fundraising Events and Supporter Engagement Volunteer
3 people are interested
This is the ideal role for you if you enjoy communicating with a wide range of people and being part of a busy and friendly team. You will have the opportunity to grow in confidence and develop skills in administration and fundraising as you deal with enquiries and collaborate with the team in providing the best possible support to our amazing fundraisers. This is a great opportunity to acquire transferable skills in administration and is a perfect role if you want to find out more about charities and fundraising.
You will initially be working remotely but will be joining the team in our Bristol office as restrictions are eased.
What will you be doing?
- Our email inboxes are full of fundraisers with burning questions and amazing ideas, and you’ll be helping us stay up-to-date and making sure they find what they're looking for.
- Facebook Fundraising is where it’s at right now! It’s one of the fastest growing fundraising platforms, and we’re very lucky to have loads of amazing supporters who are utilising social media to fundraise for us. You’ll get to find out what they’re up to, and give them a warm welcome to CLIC Sargent.
- Prepping and posting fundraising packs. Think Santa and his elves: we need you to make sure every fundraiser has all they need to be the BEST they possibly can be.
- Who doesn’t love a special bit of post? Our fundraisers certainly do, and you’ll be helping to write good luck and thank you cards to a range of supporters and event participants to make sure they know just how awesome they are
- Feel like picking up the phone and getting to chat to our fundraisers? Great! We’ll start you off wishing our fundraisers the best of luck for their events and making sure they have all they need for their big day, you’ll also have the opportunity to grow in this area and be trained up on our scripts and speak to a wide variety of our supporters - every call is different, so you’ll never have to worry about being bored!
You will be organised and methodical and be keen to learn new processes and have good written and verbal communication skills. If you have some basic IT skills that would be great although we will provide training so you are fully equipped for your role.
We are looking for volunteers who can commit 1-2 days per week during office hours of 9am-5pm and can be flexible to fit in with your other commitments. This is currently a remote based role but as restrictions are lifted you will need to be able to travel to our Bristol (BS1 2NT) office.
We will provide full training for the role and the support of a dedicated Volunteer Manager.
About Young Lives vs Cancer
No. 1 Farriers Yard Assembly London, 77-85 Fulham Palace Road, London, W6 8JA, GB
Young Lives vs Cancer helps families find the strength to face everything cancer throws at them. We’ve been there before. We’ll face it all, together.
When a child is diagnosed with cancer it threatens everything, for them and their family.
At a time when they should be busy being children, enjoying their rollercoaster teenage years or finding their feet at uni, life becomes full of fear. Fear of treatment, but also of families being torn apart, of overwhelming money worries, mental health stretched to breaking point, of having nowhere to turn, no one to talk to.
At Young Lives vs Cancer, we get that. We are the charity that helps children and young people (0-25) and their families find the strength to face whatever cancer throws at them.
We know everyone's different, so we work hard to make sure each family has what they need to get through cancer. Children and young people with cancer deserve the same opportunities as anyone else. We’ll always have their back, because we’ve been there before.
Powered by the kindness of our supporters, we’ll face it all together .
CLIC Sargent4th Floor WhitefriarsLewins MeadBristol, BS1 2NTUnited Kingdom
August 16, 2021
- Literacy / Reading
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- We are looking for volunteers who can commit 1-2 days per week during office hours of 9am-5pm and can be flexible to fit in with your other commitments.
- You will need to complete an application form and provide two references.