NHQ:ISD - QDL: Tech-xploration Event Strategy Designer
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) International Services Development (ISD) team. Specifically the Quality, Data, and Learning (QDL) unit. The International Services Department Data and Tech Readiness Team is searching for a Tech-xploration Event Strategy Designer to design and help facilitate events to engage corporate technology teams, open-source communities, humanitarian technologists, volunteer software developers, and others in creative exploration of possible solutions to challenges in humanitarian activities.
- Lead the development of strategies for International Services Department to engage corporate technology teams, open-source communities, humanitarian technologists, volunteer software developers, and others in creative exploration of possible solutions to challenges in humanitarian activities.
- Help design events that go beyond the stereotypical hackathon.
- Help design ways to engage our partners and volunteers in brainstorming how technology can change humanitarian work.
- Experience organizing events to engage a specific community of people.
- Experience applying user experience design and/or human-centered design principles in the context of coordinating technology or innovation events like hackathons, bootcamps, workshops, etc.
- Can generate ideas on how to maximize diverse representation on design teams.
- Experience with event management: specifically a hackathon, workshop, or similar event?
- Understanding and experience with digital, web-based events.
- Experience in an unconventional community event (such as a participant-oriented unconference).
- Helpful to have a general understanding of technological barriers in low-resource settings.
To apply for this opportunity and register as an American Red Cross volunteer, individuals must reside in the United States or on one of the United States Service to the Armed Forces stations. If you are an individual that does not meet this criteria, but are interested in volunteering with the Red Cross or Red Crescent Society in your country, please visit: https://www.ifrc.org/volunteer-us
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 21, 2021
- Google Apps
- Internet Research
- IT Consulting
- Macintosh Platform
- 6+ hours per week