Lincoln, MO-- Be a Smiling Face at Local Blood Drives
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross of Missouri and Arkansas
Please visit the new page to apply.
Do you love interacting with people and want to make a direct impact in your community? We
have a volunteer opportunity for you!
The best part? You pick your locations and shifts.
What Is It and Why Is It Needed?
You would help to provide a warm and friendly greeting to our blood donors. As you welcome them you will assist them with reception and hospitality and enhance the blood donor experience.
Blood drives with volunteer greeters are more successful, run smoother and collect more blood. This means more lives are saved because of you! The importance is to provide the blood donors with a positive experience and encourage to donate regularly.
Apply to volunteer: www.redcross.org/volunteer
- Help to provide a warm and friendly greeting to our blood donors. As you welcome them, you will assist with reception and hospitality and enhance the blood donor experience. The importance is to provide the blood donors with a positive experience and encourage to donate regularly.
- Help to find other volunteers by discussing Red Cross volunteer opportunities with donors at blood drives.
- Available for one 4-6-hour shift per month for a minimum of 3 months
- Excellent professionalism and communication skills
- Transportation to local blood drives
- Comfortable working with people from diverse communities and backgrounds
- Ability to regularly commit to a schedule, arrive punctually and adapt to change-driven culture
- Must be 16 or older
Opportunity for you to:
- Be in a safe environment helping your community
- Gain valuable training and experience while providing an invaluable service to your community
- Network and meet new people
- Develop customer service skills that will last a lifetime
- Receive community service hours
- Be part of the most respected world-wide organizations
- Meet some incredible people...our blood donors and staff
How to get started
- Complete the online application www.redcross.org/volunteer
- Or, for any questions contact:
Kristin Pendleton, Senior Volunteer Recruitment Specialist
Call/Text: 314-281-7968 | email@example.com
Or schedule a convenient time to discuss www.calendly.com/kpendleton
What Our Volunteers Are Saying
- "When I needed blood during my cancer treatment, the Red Cross was there for me. I’m so happy to be able to give back by volunteering and thanking blood donors now that I’m recovered." ~Jackie P.
- "I may not have money to give, but I have time." ~Taylor W.
- "I can no longer donate blood, but this is a way I can help those who do donate." ~Steve J.
About American Red Cross of Missouri and Arkansas
American Red Cross, 10195 Corporate Square Drive, St. Louis, MO 63132, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member or through the generosity of blood donors, providing critical blood to people in need, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Lincoln, MO 65338
September 15, 2023
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1 shift per month. Each shift is 4-6 hours. Be willing to commit to the role for at least 3 months (preferably 6 months – 1 year) Blood drives typically take place Monday thru Friday between the hours of 8am – 6pm