Board Chair - Client Relations
ORGANIZATION: The CLASS Consulting Group
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Class Consulting Group is a boutique management consulting firm headquartered in SFO-Bay Area that provides consulting services to senior management and Board of Directors of nonprofit/philanthropic organizations. It also offers community leadership opportunities to professionals. CLASS collaborates with its clients - the Non-Profit Organizations to help them realize their mission and create tangible value. CLASS offers business consulting services in Marketing, Strategy, Human Resources/ Organization, Finance, and IT.
We are looking for motivated and committed individuals to join our volunteer-driven teams.
Position Type: Volunteering (All volunteering positions at Class Consulting Group are unpaid).Temporarily remote due to COVID-19.
If you are interested in this opportunity or any other opportunities within CLASS, please apply on our website’s Career section using the following link: Careers | The Class Consulting Group. Once we receive your request, our recruitment team would contact you to set up a call with you.
- Lead business development activities in seeking business with potential NPO prospects & develop relationship with new NPO clients.
- Foster relationship with past and current clients.
- Provide leadership to the team and mentor team leads.
- Build CLASS's brand and develop marketing programs (like key speaking engagements for staff and community) that will drive new business growth.
- Mentor and advise management team on strategies and development of various marketing communications channels and web presences including, electronic/social media [e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.], newsletter, public relations, website and printed collateral.
- Responsible for growth and sound governing of the organization.
- Ensure fulfillment of the mission of the organization and strongly advocate organizational values.
- Oversee organization's budget, evaluate the organization's progress toward strategic goals and ensure sufficient resources.
- Act as ambassador for the organization. Promote the organization's image and public standing. Help promote diversity.
- Establish an organizational culture that embraces strategic planning and set clearly defined goals to initiate and lead the team evaluation and KPI.
- Report to the Board President.
Education Qualification & Experience
- Master’s degree in Business/Management from a reputed business school.
- 15+ years of experience in the area of expertise [Management, Strategy, Marketing, Nonprofits, Sales, Consulting, Academia, etc.] with 8+ years of prior leadership background.
- Direct experience developing and implementing marketing and branding strategies.
- Demonstrated interest/passion in the non-profit/social responsibility sector.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in meetings and task forces seen as a leader.
- Solid professional reputation.
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment and taking initiative.
- Visionary orientation. & leadership skills. Desire to play lead role in CLASS's growth strategy.
- Strong team-builder and team member.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-confident and outgoing personality.
- Willing and able to make asks on CLASS's behalf [ambassadors].
- Honesty, integrity and respect for others.
- Minimum commitment of 1term [3 years] for the unpaid / pro-bono position.
- Attend Monthly Board meetings.
- Attend Weekly Meetings: Virtual [MS Teams]
- Time: 10-15 hours per month [excluding meeting time] depending on the need.
- Continuous learning
- Leadership development opportunities.
- Networking opportunities.
- Group-based learning.
- Satisfactory volunteering experience.
About The CLASS Consulting Group
1250 Oakmead Parkway Suite 210,, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, US
CLASS’s mission is to increase the return on social investment by providing business solutions to Nonprofit organizations and leadership development opportunities to Professionals. The mission of CLASS is executed in three synchronous tracks: Encouraging Community Leadership: Fostering community-based leadership among volunteer professionals by helping them transform into business solution providers. Supplementing Managerial Capacity: Augmenting managerial capacity in the Nonprofit sector by providing them with solutions for their business problems, thereby helping them better serve their respective constituencies. Building Partnerships: Forging partnerships with corporate and academic institutions to tap into and utilize their pool of human capital by actively involving them in community development initiatives.
The Class Consulting Group is a boutique management consulting firm headquartered in SFO- Bay Area that provides consulting services to senior management and Board of Directors of nonprofit/ philanthropic organizations and offers community leadership opportunities to professionals.
1250 Oakmead Parkway Suite 210Sunnyvale, CA 94085
August 10, 2022