Please visit the new page to apply.
The Reiki Volunteer serves as an additional support to patients, families and caregivers by performing
Reiki to facilitate the body’s "relaxation response". Provision of Reiki may promote a reduction in
anxiety, muscle tension, or pain, and can promote wellness and a greater sense of well‐being. The Reiki
volunteer may only perform Reiki to the head, neck, shoulders, arms and below the groin. Visits may
occur in the patient’s home or in a professional care setting.
The Reiki Volunteer must have an understanding of Hospice Philosophy and possess the ability to
actively listen and communicate compassionately with patients, families and caregivers. He/ she must
have access to reliable transportation. Additionally, he/ she must:
1. Be at least 18 years of age
2. Be certified as a Level I, Level II or Level III (Master) Reiki Practitioner and have at least 1 year
active, certified experience.
3. Satisfactorily completed all requirements to serve as a Direct Care Volunteer (a copy of the
Direct Care Volunteer Job Description must be signed and maintained in the Volunteer Personnel
File in addition to the Reiki Therapy Volunteer Job Description)
4. Satisfactorily complete Reiki Volunteer Competency Checklist
5. Successfully complete the Direct Care Volunteer Orientation
CDC protocols will be followed in the patient home. Mask are required.
About Kindred Hospice-Rock Hill
223 S Herlong Ave Suite 120, Rock Hill, SC 29732, US
To make a difference in the lives of our patients and families by working hand-in-hand throughout their journey.
Kindred Hospice vision is to lead the way in delievering clinical excellence, extraordinary services, and compassionate hospice care. Our commitment is to make sure patients and their families are our first priority. We will provide patients and their families with their needs met and will provide appropriate level of care.
223 S Herlong Ave Suite 120Rock Hill, SC 29732
January 3, 2022
- Massage Therapy
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 1 hour.
- 1. Be certified as a Level I, Level II or Level III (Master) Reiki Practitioner and have at least 1 year active, certified experience. 2. Satisfactorily completed all requirements to serve as a Direct Care Volunteer