10 people are interested
Communications Chair--Social Emotional Learning Alliance for MA
10 people are interested
The Communications Chair works closely with the Executive Director and a senior peer group within the Social Emotional Learning Alliance for Massachusetts (SEL4MA)- the Steering Committee-as the communications partner on a range of strategic, grassroots initiatives to foster the social and emotional wellbeing of young people across Massachusetts.Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual communications plan across the network's subscriber-base audiences in collaboration with the Executive Director
- Lead the generation of online content-such as website, social media, blog posts, and quarterly email newsletter-that engages key audience segments and leads to measurable action.
- Put communications vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities
- Recruit, mentor and lead a team of volunteers to expand and support communication tasks
- Coordinate editorial content generated by the communications team and other SEL4MA workstreams
- Track and measure the level of engagement within the network over time
- Manage all media contacts
About Social Emotional Learning Alliance for Massachusetts (SEL4MA)
3 Moore St, Somerville, MA 02144, US
To advance and support effective social emotional learning (SEL) policies and practices in all schools and communities in Massachusetts.
It is our vision that adoption of the antiracist social and emotional learning (SEL) policies and practices will allow for Massachusetts schools and community education-serving groups to be centers of safe, caring and supportive activity where youth and adults are empathetic, resilient, civically engaged and culturally aware and responsive, and develop the skills to solve problems, manage emotions and form positive relationships with others.
SEL4MA connects local social emotional learning (SEL) stakeholders in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to learn and share best practices, builds community and statewide awareness for SEL and its impact, supports high-quality SEL practice and professional learning, and advocates for state and local policies and funding to support SEL.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 18, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- Average monthly time commitment is 8-12 hours
- Seeing someone who has the ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages, and disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels. Prefer a Massachusetts resident.