Volunteer Board Member - General Director Intern
We are seeking to appoint volunteer board members for the next two-year term as General Director . We’re looking for individuals who care deeply about the organization’s purpose. Board members are expected to promote the organizations’ mission, goals and objectives and adhere to its principles and practices. Additionally, candidates must possess general business skills and understand ethical business practices.
General Responsibilities and Expectations:
- know the organization’s mission, policies, programs, and needs
- faithfully read and understand the organization’s financial statements
- serve as active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for The Justice For Jenny Foundation, Incto advance its mission
- leverage connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve The Justice For Jenny Foundation Inc.’s mission
About THE JUSTICE FOR JENNY FOUNDATION INC
338 PALISADE AVE SUITE 238, JERSEY CITY, NJ 07307, US
The Justice For Jenny Foundation mission is to raise awareness about domestic violence in our society, as a means towards prevention and ending the cycle that perpetuates through generations.
I lost my daughter and unborn grandchild due to Domestic Violence on February 3, 2019. I initially started The Justice For Jenny Foundation seeking purpose and help with the overwhelming pain and anguish associated with the tragic loss of my only child. From the pain of loss emerged a sense of duty to bring a conversation forth about a problem that has plagued families for generations. The main objective of this company is to raise awareness because, with awareness comes the ability to make change. And so our programs are geared towards collaborative efforts with like-minded charitable and educational organizations to pursue our mission of Domestic Violence awareness, education and prevention.
We've created an initiiative called the WCSDV Project, which stands for, "We Can Stop Domestic Violence". WCSDV is an initiative to raise awareness about Domestic Violence through a number of free resources, including but not limited to, online classes, a book club, virtual support groups, and a safe cell phone program for Domestic Violence survivors.
We are a new establishment. But we have created all these programs in just the course of a little over one year. We have ambitious goals to help empower Domestic Violence survivors through education. We plan to provide a scholarship program and grants to local schools to promote curriculums of kindness and integrity building. But we need help with ambassadorship to establish need and get these programs going.
Multiple locations Jersey City, NJ 07307
June 21, 2021
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Business Development
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Board members serve a two-year term, and are eligible for re-appointment for additional term[s].
- • give a meaningful personal financial donation • help identify personal connections that can benefit the organization’s fundraising and reputational standing, and can influence public policy • prepare for, attend, and conscientiously participat