Volunteer Grandparent with ACCESS, Inc.
VANTAGE Aging RSVP
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide supervision for children residing at ACCESS in the playroom
- Help provide supervision during field trips to local points of interest
- Teach skills to children
- Assist the child advocate as directed
- Help monitor children during indoor and outdoor playtimes
- Help prepare upcoming activities
- Serve as a role model for youth
- Demonstrate awareness of the sensitive needs of homeless children
- Maintain confidentiality regarding clients being served at ACCESS
- Notify staff of any behavioral issues or abnormal behavior a child exhibits
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent role model
- Ability to work with children of all ages
- Experience working with children
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, with a strong sense of humor
- Dedicated to the mission of serving homeless women and children
About VANTAGE Aging RSVP
2279 Romig Rd, Akron, OH 44320, US
Promoting a positive perspective on aging.
VANTAGE Aging promotes positive aging through a variety of programs and services for older adults. Our nonprofit organization serves 38 counties and is headquartered in Akron, Ohio. In Summit and Medina Counties, we facilitate the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) for those 55 and older who want to make a meaningful impact in the community. We also offer employment training, home care and home health aide assistance, nutrition and home-delivered meal services, alcohol and drug addiction counseling, and mental health and prevention services.