Social Media and Community Manager
Nonviolence International New York
We are all here to work together to achieve these goals. By joining the NVI Family, you are joining an international network of people who truly care and experts who have positively impacted whole regions using these nonviolent actions methods. You will be joining one of our numerous programs here in NYC, and we will be working together to support one of our partners and further the cause, and we will move that much forward toward a nonviolent world.
ResponsibilitiesYou will be responsible for creating content, craft copy for posts, respond to comments, answer questions and much more as the brand. Social media managers, more often than not, deal with people who have a relationship with, or have heard of, the brand.The Social Media Manager drives the strategy and day-to-day execution of social media, affiliate, influencer, and ambassador channels. Playing a key role in building brand affinity and reach, this role serves as the leader for all things social, driving the brand’s social media reach and roadmap forward with rich, engaging content and creative new tactics. As part of the brand marketing team, this individual will be responsible for planning, strategy and execution to support brand goals of shifting perception, new client acquisition and retention.
In this role, this multitalented creative will help support key brand and business objectives leveraging social, influencer, and affiliate channels to drive impact primarily in the following areas: create word of mouth moments through their channels to drive awareness and acquisition; help drive retention initiatives through new and innovative programming; bring the brand to life through social/content channels with an eye on surprise and delight.
- include personally following up with prospects, booking appointments and selling memberships according to the sales systems. The incumbent will also be responsible for the implementation and retention with community marketing, external outreach, relationship building, creating systems for quality assurance, strategic planning and staff development.
Implements and communicates a retention and growth strategy that uses NVI-NY forthcoming program offerings as an opportunity to engage and grow our member audience.
- Executes the aforementioned strategic plan, paying particular attention to segmenting member base according to emotional state instead rather than mere willingness to pay, and differentially engaging member segments to better address these emotional needs.
- Creates a process that allows for continual data gathering to facilitate segmentation.
Leads the membership program to reach audience and revenue goals on an annual basis, particularly in the upcoming years of projected growth following the opening of expanded gallery spaces; tracking and interpreting key performance indicators and adjusting strategy accordingly.
- Improves the metrics measuring engagement by members to event attendance, shopping, giving, opening and engaging with content, etc.), ultimately leading to improved retention. Works alongside the other members create and execute a cohesive overall fundraising strategy that strengthens relationships between NVI-NY. Cultivates relationships with NVI-NY members at all levels through interaction at member events and special hours and correspondence via phone and email.
- Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge
- Possesses skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management
- Performs well in environment that values creativity, flexibility, and variety
- Exhibits personal qualities, such as open-mindedness, enthusiasm, and adaptability
Prefers challenges, fast pace, new ideas, future focus, and unstructured environment
About Nonviolence International New York
244 5th Ave Ste 1451, Suite 1451, New York, NY 10001, US
Nonviolence International is a global innovative organization with an emphasis on advocacy, education, and communication. It conducts and produces important research on a growing number of issues, including peace, disarmament, and American politics, as well as operates an extensive internship program within the United Nations. It focuses on building programs that connect youth leaders to civil society and empower them to advocate for a better world to help accomplish its tripartite mission To collaborate with our civil society partners toward the success of our mutual goals; to use our programs to enable youth to strengthen Civil Society in order to support, empower, and amplify unspoken causes and forgotten voices, through nonviolent solutions in the international community; to give our interns and volunteers the highest quality educational experience possible concerning the United Nations processes, mission, and the bridge between the United Nations and Civil Society.
The world is in need of peace and nonviolence now more than ever. The nature of conflict resulting in violence has dramatically changed in the past century with the development of new technology and weaponry.
According to the United Nations, about one-third of the world’s population - more than 2.5 billion people - live in dangerous environments in countries around the world where incidents involving violent death are high. Today, the great majority of violent conflicts are waged within states with the victims being almost entirely civilians. Women, children, the elderly, the poor, and the disabled are especially vulnerable in these conflicts.
The recognition of the importance of nonviolent action in resolving these conflicts is crucial to protecting the lives of many innocent people around the world.
Since 2014, Nonviolence International New York has worked relentlessly to promote these nonviolent solutions in order to make a safer and more peaceful place for all and to cultivate the next generation of civil society leaders equipped to make this possible.