Resource Center Volunteer
American Job Center
Full Job Description
The American Job Center of Nevada (AJCN) is a "one-stop" shop, bringing workforce development partners together all in one location to assist job seekers. The American Job Center Resource Center offers free, self-service access to computers, printers, fax machines and copiers, to any job seeker.
The AJCN is currently seeking several part-time volunteers to assist our job seekers and clients in our self-service resource center we have. This role will play a key part in breaking down barriers to gainful employment ensuring our clients are able to complete job preparation and job seeking functions.
- Assisting clients with basic computer needs
- Helping clients make copies and send faxes
- Troubleshooting basic computer issues
- Collaborating with AJCN team to ensure computer use is job related
- Notifying Program Assistants of any technical issues with resource center computers
- Sanitizing computers when clients leave the resource center
- Working knowledge of computers and basic computer software.
- Communication, interpersonal skills and a commitment to providing high levels of customer service.
- Willingness to assist a wide range of individuals.
- The ability to assist with accessing the internet, resume templates, applications and job search sites.
Hours per week: 6 to 12 hours per week
Work Location: The American Job Center of Nevada, 4001 South Virginia, Suite H, Reno, NV
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment required
- Social distancing guidelines, sanitizing, and PPE in place,
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About American Job Center
4001 South Virginia Street, Suite H, Reno, NV 89502, US
Our mission is to provide access to a responsive network of workforce development partners who facilitate employment, education, training, and resources, to increase economic self-sufficiency and create a thriving business community.
Under the guidance of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, The American Job Center is a One-Stop Center, providing the public with access to workforce development partnering agencies who all work together to reduce barriers to employment.
Together, JOIN, JobConnect, the Bureau of Vocational Rehab, Nevada Department of Health and Human Services, Northern Nevada Literacy Council, and TMCC, come together under one roof, The American Job Center, to provide seamless access to a wide range of services, for every demographic, to support efforts to train, retrain and employ the underemployed or unemployed.