Community Educator with the Alzheimer's Association
VANTAGE Aging RSVP
Alzheimer's Association Virtual Community Educators are volunteer public speakers who provide Alzheimer's Association education programs through virtual platforms to community audiences.
- Deliver approximately 12 webinar-based presentations annually using prepared Alzheimer's Association evidence-based consumer education programs on a variety of care and support topics
- Collaborate with local Association staff to expand programs by securing community partners, scheduling presentations, delivering the programs, and managing technology needs
- Serve as virtual presenter for chapter-scheduled education programs and conferences
- Connect people with additional Association services and volunteer opportunities by proactively making referrals to Alzheimer's Association programs and free 24/7 Helpline
- Demonstrated success with health education using excellent communication, virtual presentation, and adult education skills
- Excellent technology skills and comfort delivering programs via Zoom independently
- A Virtual Community Educator will be paired with either a staff member or Program Tech Support volunteer to assist with delivering virtual programs and moderating Q&A
- Ability to network and collaborate with staff, volunteers, and community partners
- Passionate about the Alzheimer's Association mission with personal or professional experience with dementia preferred
- Virtual Community Educators commit to delivering a target of 12 presentations annually
- All program volunteers participate in initial training and ongoing education and must comply with Alzheimer's Association volunteer policies and procedures
- Perfect your public speaking ability and technique while serving your local community
- Increase your knowledge of Alzheimer's disease and other dementias
- Be recognized as a leader and resource for Alzheimer's disease and dementia
- Join a network of other volunteers, staff, and community leaders to help create a world without Alzheimer's and all other dementia
About VANTAGE Aging RSVP
2279 Romig Rd, Akron, OH 44320, US
Promoting a positive perspective on aging.
VANTAGE Aging promotes positive aging through a variety of programs and services for older adults. Our nonprofit organization serves 38 counties and is headquartered in Akron, Ohio. In Summit and Medina Counties, we facilitate the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) for those 55 and older who want to make a meaningful impact in the community. We also offer employment training, home care and home health aide assistance, nutrition and home-delivered meal services, alcohol and drug addiction counseling, and mental health and prevention services.